Samsung Galaxy Tab.

One look at it... and it look like a Ipad copy... then look at the rear... and it give me an impression of an overgrown Iphone 3G or 3GS...

Something that I would never buy.

One look at it... and it look like a Ipad copy... then look at the rear... and it give me an impression of an overgrown Iphone 3G or 3GS...

So you wouldn't buy an Ipad?

Competition is good but still not sold on the concept of pad devices...

IPad also overgrown iphone mah

So you wouldn't buy an Ipad?

Competition is good but still not sold on the concept of pad devices...

IPad also overgrown iphone mah

Maybe I am just old... I won't touch Ipad and Ipad lookalike. I would rather spend my cash on portable notebooks, whats with so many of them are selling at much cheaper price as compared to all these so call tablet.

According to gsmarena, the tab came with USB v2.0 (but it did say propietry, which I believe is a specially designed USB that could not fit to other products:dunno:). And if the USB is specially made, don't know what difference was it as compare to the Apple Ipad's propietry 30pins connector.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_p1000_galaxy_tab-3370.php

According to gsmarena, the tab came with USB v2.0 (but it did say propietry, which I believe is a specially designed USB that could not fit to other products:dunno:). And if the USB is specially made, don't know what difference was it as compare to the Apple Ipad's propietry 30pins connector.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_p1000_galaxy_tab-3370.php

i think it's just a different cable with 1 end of the cable being a smaller connector. lots of handphones has this nowadays :)

i think it's just a different cable with 1 end of the cable being a smaller connector. lots of handphones has this nowadays :)

Hmm... make sense... so it is more like a micro USB... but anyway, since it is propietry, so it couldn't be use using other standard USB cables... this is something that I really hated.

I mean, I already hate my Nokia for not allowing me to use normal USB cable on their phone...

this is a upsized Galaxy S, which is a Iphone Wannabee... :bsmilie:

BTW, the CPU used here has been rumored to be the same as the one installed in Ipad which samsung manufactures. But beware, ANDROID is not maximized for this king of
harware, theres might be some issues on the first few batches.

BTW, the CPU used here has been rumored to be the same as the one installed in Ipad which samsung manufactures. But beware, ANDROID is not maximized for this king of

i like my Galaxy S.. except i dont quite like the interface..
are there any ways to customize the phone to change the way it behaves.. :think:
what i hate most is the alarm never really alarm.. it bearly beep once then gone..
i loved my Nokia which beep so loud the whole house wakes up in the morning.. :cool:

ut what i read from gsmarena.com is that Galaxi Tab will be able to do proper multitasking, which is great compared to iPad, also it is easier to handle with one hand.. but true, android is not maximized for this kind, but who knows maybe samsung have some secret thing.. :devil:

i like my Galaxy S.. except i dont quite like the interface..
are there any ways to customize the phone to change the way it behaves.. :think:
what i hate most is the alarm never really alarm.. it bearly beep once then gone..
i loved my Nokia which beep so loud the whole house wakes up in the morning.. :cool:
There are custom ROMs out there for you to use if you don't mind voiding the warranty of your device. Some optimise the performance of your phone, some others change the look of it, some do both. Just have to Google them. Or go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=656. Custom ROMs are great, but they come with risks (you need to be prepared to get bootloops, continuous hanging/reboots etc, but really the developers at most forums can help you fix the problem). I am running Android 2.2 on my Spica now with a custom ROM and it's working great - screw Samsung and their "hardware cannot support Froyo" story
ut what i read from gsmarena.com is that Galaxi Tab will be able to do proper multitasking, which is great compared to iPad, also it is easier to handle with one hand.. but true, android is not maximized for this kind, but who knows maybe samsung have some secret thing.. :devil:

Nope Android is optimised, it's just that some apps are not optimised. This is because Android devices have different hardware...different processors work differently, and software will have to be coded differently to work well on them. Samsung does not have some secret thing, the only secret thing they have is to use a crappy filesystem which slows down their devices and turn their 1 GHz processors into 100 MHz ones :)

Nope Android is optimised, it's just that some apps are not optimised. This is because Android devices have different hardware...different processors work differently, and software will have to be coded differently to work well on them. Samsung does not have some secret thing, the only secret thing they have is to use a crappy filesystem which slows down their devices and turn their 1 GHz processors into 100 MHz ones :)

Funny that Google admitted in the last few weeks that Android version 2.x was not meant for tablets and therefore, wasn't ready.

I would rather choose iPad for their applications and games! :D

will definitely prefer this over the useless ipad.

will definitely prefer this over the useless ipad.

I think we should wait for more reviews before we can be certain that the Galaxy Tab is really worth it. For one, the Android App Store, despite its size, is pretty crappy. Too many useless apps, that's what happens when you don't moderate it.

I quite disagree that iPad is useless.

What I like about iPad is:
Larger screen for game (better than iPhone)
Reading books
Using it to do your presentation

I don't see a point of saying it is oversize iPhone as it is mentioned by Steves Job already.

iMac - iPad - iPhone

The iPad serve as a product in between. Android game market is still quite small right? Cannot be compared with Apple Store lah, it's very enormous now.