Samsung ex1 from Courts

ahboonboon

Oct 26, 2011
Hello all!

AM a newbie here. I just bought a samsung ex1 from Courts @ $639. I've opted for 12 months zero interest instalment.

Freebies thrown in are

- camera case
- 2 nos. 8g memory card and 1 8g microsd
- 1 no. card reader
- cleaning kit
- an extra battery.

The sales guy was service was pretty good and friendly and even taught me how to adjust white balance for me. Originally the price is $699. He gave me a $60 dollar discount.

I just want to know whether if the price is ok? Honestly I have not much experience in buying cameras.

I know probably some of you might say that since I have bought why bother to check if the price is justifiable. But i guess humans being humans, or me being me, i just wanna know. haha. so be gentle on me. :p

Thanks in advance all! ^^

Hello thanks for your kind reply!

I've called the bank to check here isn't any 22%. charges p.a.

But i guess i have paid much more. Such gullible consumer. Sigh.. haha..

TS... since you already bought the camera, what is the use of asking if the price is okay or not. If we tell you tat the price you pay is too much, what are you going to do?

In future, before purchasing for something, please do some homework, like check different shops for the prices and get the lowest one (not meaning to get grey sets, unless that do not trouble you.)

Post-purchase rationalization ...dont worry about it, it's normal :)

I think the street price is much lower. I recalled mustafa selling at the low $500s early this year. Just think of it as paying more for the service, convenience and instalment scheme.

For the installment plan, usually the price included the upfront 4% administration fees. Otherwise stated no extra admin fees.
Just because something is not stated does not mean it does not exist in the calculation. Why should any bank or shop lend money for free? Haven't seen any 'Standard Charity Bank' :) Or: why do the normal camera shops hardly offer such services? Because it costs money to lend money and this would inflate the price. On the other hand: Courts also offers own warranty packages, replacing the standard manufacturer's warranty. What they do is a simple bet: if a customer takes the zero % installment but also takes the warranty then the costs are paid, as long as there is no warranty case for repair / replacement. It's all a financial deal of 'left pocket / right pocket' for Courts and the companies involved - but the customer has to pay always.

rhino123 said:
TS... since you already bought the camera, what is the use of asking if the price is okay or not. If we tell you tat the price you pay is too much, what are you going to do?

In future, before purchasing for something, please do some homework, like check different shops for the prices and get the lowest one (not meaning to get grey sets, unless that do not trouble you.)

Haha as said it is just me being me.. Just wanna find out and not gonna do anything thou... ya I guess I learned my lesson. As said I really have not much experience in buying gadget. Thanks for the advice! so kind of u! :)

Berkins said:
Post-purchase rationalization ...dont worry about it, it's normal :)

I think the street price is much lower. I recalled mustafa selling at the low $500s early this year. Just think of it as paying more for the service, convenience and instalment scheme.

I see! Thanks for sharing! :D

in actual commercial practice, the charge is paid only by the merchants, some merchants will impose it on the customer directly but its actually against bank policy. but then again becoz some shops sell below the RSP they will still practice this.

anyway the instalment will not have any direct admin fee from bank to client, and will not have any interest if you pay the monthly sum on time. 22% annual interest will only be charged if the amount is allowed to roll over to the next statement. most bank use this as a way to tie the card owner down, as the owner is not allowed to terminate the card while still servicing any instalment and they are not allow to make early settlement either.

the EX1 has been out for about 17 months now .....

even though , its a darned good camera and a handy little shooter that is inconspicuous and deadly silent killer

below images are just a few samples shot with this EX1 ..... enjoy it

wind_in_hair.jpg

winter_trees.jpg

Last edited:
I am really contemplating buying one... Especially after seeing it for sale at 400+ in Mustafa.