Macro Mode with AF turned On
ISO 100
f3.1
1/125

zzz_ants.jpg

below cropped
zzz_ants_cropped.jpg

--------------------------

the images from Day 1 up to now seem to be coming out of the camera with a slightly hard edge .... but I doubt if its from the lens and suspect software in-camera sharpening overdose as the cause (cam was set at '0' Sharpness level)

no sharpening applied in PS
zzz_bus.jpg

no sharpening applied in PS
zzz_signboard.jpg

Last edited:
Lunchtime homework today was going through the DOFs .........

4 distances of 'targets' were set up all about 8-10cm apart from one another

Distance between lens and first nearest target was about 13-15cm

Camera could not stop down beyond f6.7
there are about 13 clicks of apatures between 1.8 through 6.7 ..... I just choose 5 of them
Shot at wide 24mm

dof18_copy.jpg

dof28_copy.jpg

dof39.jpg

dof55.jpg

dof67_copy.jpg

Last edited:
Images at different ISO levels from 80 through 3200

Camera set at 2sec self timer
f3.1 constant throughout
shot at 24mm
No adjustments no PS sharpening

ISO 80
zzz_iso80.jpg

ISO 100
zzz_iso100.jpg

ISO 200
zzz_iso2001.jpg

ISO 400
zzz_iso400.jpg

ISO 800
zzz_iso800.jpg

Same image......... at 100% crop

ISO 80 CROPPED
zzz_iso80_crop.jpg

ISO 100 CROPPED
zzz_iso100_crop.jpg

ISO 200 CROPPED
zzz_iso200_crop.jpg

ISO 400 CROPPED
zzz_iso400_crop.jpg

Last edited:
ISO 800 CROPPED
zzz_iso800_crop.jpg

ISO 1600 CROPPED
zzz_iso1600_crop.jpg

ISO 3200 CROPPED
zzz_iso3200_crop.jpg

Last edited:
courts is selling at 619 with 16gb card,extra battery and a case.
I got mine at 580 with 8gb card and extra battery from Manly.

wow sweet prices !!!! :)

let me know if your extra battery is OEM and if it can be charged in-camera ......... my extra battery is OEM and having problems getting it to fully charge the last couple of times I tried.... cam might (suspect) accept only original (coded) batteries

After almost a week with the EX1..... the relationship I've had with it was interesting..... most cams that pass through our hands .... we're up and running with it in a couple of hours..... the EX-1 needs a little more time to get used to.

Having said that .... there has not been any situations where I had to navigate more than normal to get to what I want.... Samsung has done a good job of keeping the most important functions very near to the user from a navigation point of view

Will comment more on this volatile 'love' affair after the weekend ...... last weekend I was silently cursing at it a few times..... today... it feels like a comfortably broken-in glove in my hand .... all set up to my needs ..... sort of like breaking in a leather Brooks bicycle saddle .............. the feeling's like that..... a bit of an adjustment curve .... but once you're comfortable with it....... :)

Last edited:
No more test images to check quality of this or quality of that......... will be spending ALOT more time shooting real images .............. will post the images here

Hey guys who've bought the EX-1.... PLEASE feel free to contribute your comments and feedback here too !!! There's currently no Samsung sub-forum here in CS. :)

Not asking for Samsung fanboys only..... share what you like, or dont like or wish-to-haves with this cam

Hi Ed,

Appreciate you taking the time/effort to post your photos. Very nice!
I need some advise regarding my next cam purchase. Was looking at LX3 cos I need wide angle & good low light. DSLR are out, too bulky to move around.
How do you compare this to the LX3 when shooting indoor low light?
Thanks.

wow sweet prices !!!! :)

let me know if your extra battery is OEM and if it can be charged in-camera ......... my extra battery is OEM and having problems getting it to fully charge the last couple of times I tried.... cam might (suspect) accept only original (coded) batteries

After almost a week with the EX1..... the relationship I've had with it was interesting..... most cams that pass through our hands .... we're up and running with it in a couple of hours..... the EX-1 needs a little more time to get used to.

Having said that .... there has not been any situations where I had to navigate more than normal to get to what I want.... Samsung has done a good job of keeping the most important functions very near to the user from a navigation point of view

Will comment more on this volatile 'love' affair after the weekend ...... last weekend I was silently cursing at it a few times..... today... it feels like a comfortably broken-in glove in my hand .... all set up to my needs ..... sort of like breaking in a leather Brooks bicycle saddle .............. the feeling's like that..... a bit of an adjustment curve .... but once you're comfortable with it....... :)

Oh the one from Manly is original...I just tried charging for a couple of hours this morning...seems to be charging fine.

Yesterday at the PC show, this cam was selling at a special price of $499. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the review; I will go take a look at the PC Show later.

The PC show is at suntech right? EX1 $499... any freebie? thanks

I think it is sold at 699 not 499 in pc show. anyway, those who intend to buy pls verify before you rush down.

Status
Not open for further replies.