Samsung D600, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjourn

Aug 9, 2004
Punggol 21
As the title goes, what to you all think of this phone? Any users care to share, thanks.:D

i dunno about that...but my bro juz got a d500 coz he mentioned tt the two are quite close but for some reason he chose it over the d600....

http://www.hardwarezoom.com/viewcontent.php?docid=187&page=3&doctype=Articles

certainly the D600 is more sleek with even more features, external memory slot will be extremely useful if you take lots of picture or store video/mp3 in the phone.

samsung-d600-1.jpg

My dream phone! But I got Nokia 7370 instead ;)

D600 is kinda ex!

Thanks witness and wai for the input. I'm looking for a reliable phone for office work, long battery life and small form factor, i actually dun use much of the functions except the call and end button. I have a razor, but battery sucks with the world's best design imho.

precious.jas said:
My dream phone! But I got Nokia 7370 instead ;)

D600 is kinda ex!

hi jas, how much is it going for in SG?

Sjourn said:
Thanks witness and wai for the input. I'm looking for a reliable phone for office work, long battery life and small form factor, i actually dun use much of the functions except the call and end button. I have a razor, but battery sucks with the world's best design imho.

just buy extra batt or see if got high capacity cell lar

Wai said:
just buy extra batt or see if got high capacity cell lar

I have an additional batt already,..but somehow motorola's batts take a very long time to charge..:(

Sjourn said:
hi jas, how much is it going for in SG?
Err... Without line/contract, it was $800+ on 27th Jan. Hahaa.. Thats what I remember :)

Sjourn said:
I have an additional batt already,..but somehow motorola's batts take a very long time to charge..:(
Samsung's battery last quite well.. I used to use a Samsung.

thanks for the info...maybe tt's what i'll get..:)

Sjourn said:
thanks for the info...maybe tt's what i'll get..:)

dunno y i find that samsung fones have the worse compatibility... for any SE fones i use, i can use IR or Bluetooth to send & receive transfer files to all devices, samsung fone's IR kinda problematic, cannot send to ipaq, den cannot send fone to fone, i think only to samsung's den bluetooth also sucky...

I switched from Nokia to Motorola and now, this model...

As far as battery life is concern, nothing beats the Nokia. The Rokr sucked in tt respect but D600 is not far off. I get abt 3 days max on probably half an hour of talk-time and 20-30 sms per day. So tt is :thumbsd: if i can say...

SMSing is not as friendly as e nokia or moto models. U need 2 reset its T9 dictionary mode whenever u send a new message from yr contact list. I still prefer moto's iTap predictive smsing here.

Otherwise, e onboard memory (64mb, i think) is a wonderful thing 2 hv with e 2 mega-pixel camera... not 2 mention an external slot for added memory :thumbsup: Picture quality is really good.

Playback excel, pictures or video off the TV is clear. So tts another plus point...

Cheers.

D600 already out middle of last year at CommunicAsia

Today, the latest model is D820, only 15.2mm thick, available next month at $750

Wai said:
D600 already out middle of last year at CommunicAsia

Today, the latest model is D820, only 15.2mm thick, available next month at $750

Specs are lower than the current D500 and D600 ??:dunno:

Sjourn said:
Specs are lower than the current D500 and D600 ??:dunno:

1.3MP camera
dual speakers
2.12" QVGA LCD
TV-out
Video recording (mpeg4)
Bluetooth & USB
73MB build-in
microSD slot
90g