Samsung 931BF vs Viewsonic VX2025WM

Status
Not open for further replies.

katrob

Apr 15, 2006
Guys,

Just came back from PCShow.

Interested in buying Samsung 19" 931BF ($469). The man said to me that it's a 8 bit panel.
I saw the color is so rich and the black is really black.

I am considering also Viewsonic VX2025WM ($639). But using the eyes only, I saw that Samsung has a better contrast and darker black (but the spec for contrast ratio is only 700:1 compared to 1000:1 in Viewsonic).

Any suggestion which one to buy for photo editing?

Agree with you on the Samsung but don't you think the 931BF contrast is a little brighter. But I think the 920N looks rather good and the prics is right!

katrob said:
Guys,

Interested in buying Samsung 19" 931BF ($469). The man said to me that it's a 8 bit panel.

I am considering also Viewsonic VX2025WM ($639). But using the eyes only, I saw that Samsung has a better contrast and darker black (but the spec for contrast ratio is only 700:1 compared to 1000:1 in Viewsonic).

katrob said:
Guys,

IIRC, Samsung 931BF is 6 bit only. difference between 6bit and 8bit panel is quite obvious when you do image editing. for image browsing, its less likely unless you put both side by side. the same with 16bit color wallpaper during win98 era. if you really cant see any difference, get the 931BF. but to avoid dissapointment, i would the viewsonic, just $170 more with bigger display size and higher resolution--great for editing image.

btw, never take the manufacturer's spec as a definite guide, they all use different config to test the spec. if you could, adjust the LCD and see the result yourself, contrast affect many thing--color, contrast and even response time, brightness only affect backlight brightness and to a lesser extent, black level.

kurtlim said:
IIRC, Samsung 931BF is 6 bit only. difference between 6bit and 8bit panel is quite obvious when you do image editing. for image browsing, its less likely unless you put both side by side. the same with 16bit color wallpaper during win98 era. if you really cant see any difference, get the 931BF. but to avoid dissapointment, i would the viewsonic, just $170 more with bigger display size and higher resolution--great for editing image.

btw, never take the manufacturer's spec as a definite guide, they all use different config to test the spec. if you could, adjust the LCD and see the result yourself, contrast affect many thing--color, contrast and even response time, brightness only affect backlight brightness and to a lesser extent, black level.

Your insight is much appreciated. Care to comment on the Dell 2007FP? :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.