Samsung 910T LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Anybody using it? Good?

Tempted, $888 CASH/NETS @ South Asia Computers.

BUY BUY BUY!!! :devil:
sorry mine isn't sumsung, but LG. can't help. :)

Drudkh :kok:

:bsmilie:

Anybody :dunno:

Seriously, you might wanna try asking here?
They are more enthusiast about computer hardwares and since respond is very low here.

You can also consider the Sharp LL-T19D1. It was selling for $819 (Black)/$799 (White) at Sitex, not sure what's the price now. It's a 24-bit display vs the 16-bit Samsung. But the Samsung does have a better response time.

Regards
CK

Not really looking at respsonse time since I don't play those fast FPS games, but just wondering if it's good enough for photo editing and general usage? :dunno:

I likely will be plugging the video through DVI if I do get one. Heard there's a difference?

How does the Sharp LL-T19D1 compares with this? There seems to be several models too?

I thought it's 24bit also for the 910T? :dunno:

espn said:
Not really looking at respsonse time since I don't play those fast FPS games, but just wondering if it's good enough for photo editing and general usage? :dunno:

I likely will be plugging the video through DVI if I do get one. Heard there's a difference?

How does the Sharp LL-T19D1 compares with this? There seems to be several models too?

I thought it's 24bit also for the 910T? :dunno:

A point to consider also, number of bright (dead) dots before they exchange the monitor. If I'm not wrong Samsung do exchange only if there are 5 or more dead dots. I compared Sharp, Samsung and Philips at Sitex, I bought the Philips. They all selling at about the same price $799/-, but Philips guarantees zero bright dots for 3 years. One bright dot, they exchange. 2 years on site and third year carry in.

Yeah, I heard about it too, philips guarantee zero dead pixels upon opening from the box, for Samsung the sales person said no such guarantee but the chances of it happening is very low and that the exchange policy for Samsung is 7 dead pixels :rolleyes:

I'm quite fascinated by the 1000:1 contrast ratio and the DVI input actually. Cos I want to do my DI & photo editing on this LCD.

Cos hardly I see any good LCDs enough to replicate the truer colours of what CRT can do... not to mention so !@*#_!@# hard to find CRT nowadays.

If you want 1000:1 24-bit monitor, get the Eizo L568 (17") or the L768 (19"). They cost more, but they claim to be able to do true black. Most LCDs can only manage a very dark grey. I have not compared the Sharp with the Samsung (anyway it's not going to be easy unless you have them both side by side) but it looks good enough to me.

If you are doing image editing, then avoid the 18-bit panels. If budget is not a problem, there's always the Apple Cinema Displays :devil:

Regards
CK

Wahahah... I'm VERY tempted by the Apple Cinema display, really, I was seriously considering it when I was in funan just now...

Anyway.. *ahem, cough cough*... heehee :embrass:

Yeah, it's 24 bits alright, I didn't see the Ezio anywhere in Funan... my bad. I went only to Chamoxa & South Asia.

Got an issue now is that if the LCD uses DVI, which is a good card to use with the LCD considering I'm not gaming, but more on just editing images?

erm. u can use normal analog connections on your DVI monitor. so there is no need to buy a new card :p IMO, buying a new card when u don't play games is kinda strange. :)

Well I read that DVI output produces better quality on LCDs that support DVI? :dunno:

espn,

Most LCDs in the shops that you see are running on analog input. I've asked the shops many times before. Actually none of them use a DVI input so you actually cannot compare between a analog inout or DVI input.

Just got a CMV 19in LCD monitor at Sitex. RUnning off a Radeon 9600 card with DVI input.

So far the monitor looks good to me. Not a heavy DI user so can't comment on the color accuracy thing.

Yepz.. the LCDs in SAC are all running off analog but was considering to get a DVI capable card if there's a big difference between the two. :)

You can drop by my place if you want to see a LCD running off a DVI input card.

Hmmmmm..., maybe tonight I will bring my note book home to test the LCD monitor with analog input and DVI input to see the diff.

One of my friends say that the texts on a DVI input is sharper and more crisp compared to analog. He didn't comment on colors.

Yeah, that's what I read off the web about DVI input too.

Anybody wanna sponsor me a 30" Apple Cinema Display? I seriously would love to have that :D

espn said:
Wahahah... I'm VERY tempted by the Apple Cinema display, really, I was seriously considering it when I was in funan just now...

Anyway.. *ahem, cough cough*... heehee :embrass:

Yeah, it's 24 bits alright, I didn't see the Ezio anywhere in Funan... my bad. I went only to Chamoxa & South Asia.

Got an issue now is that if the LCD uses DVI, which is a good card to use with the LCD considering I'm not gaming, but more on just editing images?
You can try the low to mid end nVidia/ATI cards. I use a 9600SE. Depending on the quality of the analog-to-digital convertor on your graphics card and in the monitor, there may or may not be significant differences between the DVI and analog inputs. It is still better to run DVI though, you get less controls to worry about (e.g. phase, alignment, etc).

Heard the Eizo monitors are available from HardwarePlace, SLS. You might want to check them out too. Otherwise call their distributor which is Powermatic.

Regards
CK

Thanks KC, will keep a look out on the DVI cards, are you using the Ezio LCDs?

espn said:
Thanks KC, will keep a look out on the DVI cards, are you using the Ezio LCDs?
I am using the Sharp LL-T19D1 bought from Sitex. I wanted the Eizo but they sold out and was only left with 1 display unit which I am not keen on despite the $20 discount.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.