Sampling photo sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEOWMING

Jul 28, 2004
www.blessed-i.com
Need some advice here.

If you are shooting a product, decor, or location, and your contract stated 5 shots to be given, what size of sample photos (low resolution) do you give your client to select the 5 that he wants? Or is it better to watermark it?

1200x800 watermarked with your copyright and 'sample' words all over if you're kiasu.
but most of the time i will meet with the client to present the images using laptop or usbdrive. that's to ensure that they wont be viewing my images on their non-calibrated monitors.

I usually give the max resolution because the small shots do not contain the detail. I would watermark them in five areas and especially in areas where its hard to clone over.

Thanks for the replies.

I actually gave then small size for viewing, about postcard size, but they says too small , so I give bigger files, and guess what ? They used all the photos to post on their Facebook even though I only grant them 5 photos. Lesson learnt!

Next time, watermark it.

Thanks for the replies.

I actually gave then small size for viewing, about postcard size, but they says too small , so I give bigger files, and guess what ? They used all the photos to post on their Facebook even though I only grant them 5 photos. Lesson learnt!

Next time, watermark it.

omg, disgusting! :sticktong

what about your contract T&Cs? you can take them to small claims court.

Status
Not open for further replies.