Samples from my new DA*55 f1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance B

Jun 16, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Here are some quick shots taken with my new DA*55 f1.4. I just had to give it a whirl to see what it was like. :)

All taken with the K20D + DA*55 f1.4 and AF540FGZ with Gary Fong Lightsphere.
No sharpening applied whatsoever.

I am *very* impressed with the image quality.

All of my youngest daughter who just had her hear blonded, so she was a willing participant. :)

ISO400 f4.5

113952149.jpg

ISO400 f4.5

113952151.jpg

ISO400 f4.5

113952152.jpg

ISO200 f5.6

113952153.jpg

Nice! Is your youngest daughter a part time model also?

Hey Lance, those are some excellent photos! Especially the last one. But I think it's not the lens or camera, it's your daughter who made these photos look beautiful :)

This is a very nice lens. I'm sure you will enjoy using it especially for portrait shots.;)

That's one sharp piece of glass.

Nice lens, lovely lass. :D

Hey Lance, those are some excellent photos! Especially the last one. But I think it's not the lens or camera, it's your daughter who made these photos look beautiful :)

Thank you very much for those nice comments about my daughter! Frank. Much appreciated, mate. :)

Your 55mm is so good but more wonderful is your lovely daughter :lovegrin::heart::thumbsup:

Make us want to take photos of her if chance!!!!

Hi Lance B
Beautiful daughter and beautiful shots too!
Do you have a 50 F/1.4 too? Would be good to compare them side by side.
And with f/1.4 it would do it justice with a deeper background rather than a wall.

btw, its good to have a ready made model at home to try out your shots..my kids are starting to outgrow the "ok take me" phase and into the "don't take photos" phase.:)

lovely :)

Here are some quick shots taken with my new DA*55 f1.4. I just had to give it a whirl to see what it was like. :)

All taken with the K20D + DA*55 f1.4 and AF540FGZ with Gary Fong Lightsphere.
No sharpening applied whatsoever.

I am *very* impressed with the image quality.

All of my youngest daughter who just had her hear blonded, so she was a willing participant. :)

ISO200 f5.6

113952153.jpg

Nice shot,tks for sharing your photos.:D

Hi Lance B
Beautiful daughter and beautiful shots too!

Thank you very much, airconvent. :)

Do you have a 50 F/1.4 too? Would be good to compare them side by side.

I do have the FA50 f1.4. I have not compared them together, but from the image samples I have seen elsewhere there is little difference betwqeen them other than that the DA*55 is quite a bit more contraty, especially at the f1.4 to f4 end. Bokeh and sharpness are similar.

And with f/1.4 it would do it justice with a deeper background rather than a wall.

Yes, we needed to get away from the wall a little more, but we did have limited space. :(

btw, its good to have a ready made model at home to try out your shots..my kids are starting to outgrow the "ok take me" phase and into the "don't take photos" phase.:)

It was lucky that my daughter had her her just blonded at the nairdresser that day and was willing to have her photo taken. Usually, if I get my camera out to take family photos, they all run away from me! :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.