Sample shots of my Tamron 90mm Macro DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailSeeker

Nov 21, 2006
tamron3v3tg3.jpg

tamron2v2fi0.jpg

tamron1v1az3.jpg

Congrats on the new lens. It's a wonderful performer, and built better than the Pentax DFA100.

The WB of your samples are abit off, but I didnt' see the real scene. Anyway, you should bring it out, and shoot some bugs/flower :D

Cheers and happy shooting!

yeah.. i'm not yet familiar with the lens.. hehhehe.. by the way what is the use of
"Limit / Full" switch in the tamron lens..

is it good decision if i buy a lens filter on my tamron ?

yeah.. i'm not yet familiar with the lens.. hehhehe.. by the way what is the use of

full = the focus will go from infinity to minimum focusing distance
limit = will go from infinity to something further like 0.5m or wat instead of MFD

It's just a lens, like all other lenses, but it focuses alot closer :)

You can use the Limit/Full switch is to limit the current focusing range. When switch to Full, the lens will focus from min to max focus distance. But when switch to Limit, it'll only focus somewhere around the currrent focus distance (so the lens will not hunt from this end to the other ;)).

And no, you don't need a filter for that lens. The front element is quite inward, not likely to be scratched. It's like the lens has a built in lens hood, you don't even need to use the bundled lens hood (that's what I do :cool: ). Besides, the front element and the front filter thread are too far apart. If you put a filter in front, this might cause flare, and reduce the contrast/sharpness abit.

It's just a lens, use it well and take some good photos. :D

thanks dude.. :)

Hi Guys,

I'm quite keen in this lens. I understand that the lens grow in length when focusing. Is it a concern?

I'm quite keen in this lens. I understand that the lens grow in length when focusing. Is it a concern?

Generally no.

where can i get this lens? tried AP,CP,John3:16 today, all no stock...

MS has one going for $590. I was there last week to buy Sigma 70-300mm. When I asked Florence how much the Tamron 90mm was selling, she said with confidence $580. I just called them to check the stock & reserve, they now tell me $590. Reason is they write wrong price.

Kinda upset over this, not the $10 diff, but the fact I trust them enough to get almost all my camera stuff from them (FZ7, emoblitz flash, K10D dual kit, Fuji A610, Sigma 70-300mm). Yet they pull the number games. That's business I guess. End up I didn't reserved so the piece is still there for those interested.

MS has one going for $590. I was there last week to buy Sigma 70-300mm. When I asked Florence how much the Tamron 90mm was selling, she said with confidence $580. I just called them to check the stock & reserve, they now tell me $590. Reason is they write wrong price.

Kinda upset over this, not the $10 diff, but the fact I trust them enough to get almost all my camera stuff from them (FZ7, emoblitz flash, K10D dual kit, Fuji A610, Sigma 70-300mm). Yet they pull the number games. That's business I guess. End up I didn't reserved so the piece is still there for those interested.

Guess you are not the only one now who faced this "verbal quote" incident. Same lady whom i talked to and changed of pricing when deal. Now trying to steer clear from them now. Heard they have a new store at the new AMK complex. Wonder how they gonna make it with such act.

Sorry to OT....

i agree...i have been avoiding purchasing from them since they open the new shop.
But if there is anyone i would look for,is jackson.

i agree...i have been avoiding purchasing from them since they open the new shop.
But if there is anyone i would look for,is jackson.

Think I'll avoid MSC liao. I don't trust them enough with future purchases, especially when those DA* comes out. Those should be expensive, I don't want to visit a shop who will drive the prices up.:thumbsd:

Think I'll avoid MSC liao. I don't trust them enough with future purchases, especially when those DA* comes out. Those should be expensive, I don't want to visit a shop who will drive the prices up.:thumbsd:

I guess our next best place to go to is Cathay... Local Pentax distributor doesn't seem to like TKFoto that much, because since November they never had any FA LTDs land in their shop before... :sweat:

I guess our next best place to go to is Cathay... Local Pentax distributor doesn't seem to like TKFoto that much, because since November they never had any FA LTDs land in their shop before... :sweat:

CP don't give me too good service either. Maybe cause I look too young for my age:( Most distributors only likes the dealer that can sell more;)

Maybe since we are "picky" in some sense that not much of a shop can give us what we want... maybe we shall "MO" all lenses next time round? :p
Lenses are warrant internationally right? HK anyone?

Well, I've been served quite well at AP, MSC, CP, and even TCW :) Sometimes you need to talk to someone there, and try to make friends w/ them. And most of all, you should know the stuff you are buying, this might help getting better deal and service too ;)

well, today got my piece of Tamron 90mm Macro from MScolor. They first quoted me @ 590 on the phone, but i managed to bargain and get it @ 575 plus one Tam Pro UV (since the front glass of the lens "hides" so deeply that i dun think i will ever install it).

I think the MScolor staffs are quite okay at servicing ppl, this is my first deal with them, and would consider to deal with them again in the future if necessary.

Wah like that also can. 1st quote me $580, then say write wrong price, then now sell someone $575 with filter:bsmilie: Think I'll keep away from them liao, but good for them they gain you as customer;)

Status
Not open for further replies.