Sammi Cheng 2002 concert [large images]

Status
Not open for further replies.

baiyun

Jan 30, 2002
Bukit Batok
web.singnet.com.sg
managed to take a few pics....with my c700 iso 800(no upgrade of driver cos buy in japan..) so i use photoshop to do what i can...

a1ef1ead56d6182d7bd7caae06c050da-P1010065.jpg

59ddfb8936936f822674b58fa3d91e8a-P1010066.jpg

fa9975c5fa7006dbbc3038aae4542747-P1010075.jpg

7f5d327f8b0a76f6437266d0c0242cfd-P1010080%20copy.jpg

Although pics quite noisy, but still seeable. How did you manage to sneak your digicam in? Me thinking of bringing my 2100UZ to Stephanie Sun's concert. But think very difficult to sneak in. Got any advice??;)

hehehe....maybe cos i got the premier seat (mostly for media i heard the security saying)...so maybe they thought i am reporter?
:p

anyway think i saw a hongkong reporter.....with a very pro lens...,big big and got lens hood i think , all black........and also with a tripod......but didn't get to see what camera he use.......

but i see most pp bring camera to snap away.......so i guess dun need to sneak in lah...just put in ur bag, think they wun check....they didn't check me......

a pity i didn't have the expensive 70-200mm f2.8 lens....else all pics wld be good ....and easier for me , no need to keep changing lens.....:(

i brought 2 cam, eos300 and c700.....
hopefully those i took with eos300, iso1600 film will turn out ok.....
*fingers crossed*

hmm...looks ok on my lcd monitor....
maybe i wanted to remove the noise/grain but ended up making it underexposed....

hope my eos300 photos will look ok..

Originally posted by baiyun
but i see most pp bring camera to snap away.......so i guess dun need to sneak in lah...just put in ur bag, think they wun check....they didn't check me......

Me "suaku". Never been to concert before. Won't the security personnel check your bag before going in?;)

i was there too and there wasn't any signages which specifically said no photography......

judging from the amounts of flashes i saw that night, i reckon at least a 100 or so cameras.....

too bad i was sitting right in the corner of the S$56 seats....

my G2 at max zoom shots came out pretty grainy and stuff.... can't really see her face that clear..... but had a pretty good shot of the overall stadium....

and the security thought i was holding a video cam... prob coz of the lcd screen.. :D :D

did you use flash ?
look like that the light not enough to get gd pic :rolleyes:

nope didn't use flash...besides if i use flash, my c700 will go dead within 10 shots......out of battery......such a battery sucker...:(
and since i sit 1st row...scarly use flash, they chase me out the place...:p

but my pics taken with eos300 and 75-300mm lens with iso1600/800 film look quite ok leh....

with EOS 300, what shutter speed did u use?

i raelly scare when i use 75-300, because it isshaking easily , what abt u ?..any suggestion ?

i set shutter speed at 1/125 , sometimes 1/250......with iso1600/800
tried using 50mm/f1.8 lens but no use cos she looks blur cos too far away....:(
whereas my shots with 75-300mm lens manage to look quite ok...:)
but then i am seating at 1st row of primier seats....

initially was also scared the pics turn out lousy..but then they look ok to me...:)

baiyun, you rurl got problem. not linked. also cannot see your pics. please check. I am thinking of buying C700 to take celebrities at concert. I was at sammi's concert sitting at 4th row using a canon S10(pathetic) 2X zoom. see FO. C700 will make big difference? read the review, that battery life is very good at 4 hours. why yours so fast?

Originally posted by bird
with EOS 300, what shutter speed did u use?

i raelly scare when i use 75-300, because it isshaking easily , what abt u ?..any suggestion ?
best way to get that shaking out is use a tripod.

A monopod helps too but it does not eliminated shaking totally.

u can access it thru
http://homex.coolconnect.com/member4/sammichengbaiyun/SammiConcert/index.htm

battery life good when use olympus batteries...(ex leh)
when use normal rechargable battery, cannot anyhow use flash, and lcd else battery very fast flat........and if weather cold even worse....

Originally posted by danlim
baiyun, you rurl got problem. not linked. also cannot see your pics. please check. I am thinking of buying C700 to take celebrities at concert. I was at sammi's concert sitting at 4th row using a canon S10(pathetic) 2X zoom. see FO. C700 will make big difference? read the review, that battery life is very good at 4 hours. why yours so fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.