Same Settings Different Outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadiqsabia

May 3, 2009
Punggol
Hi.. tried searching couldn't get hits on this.

I shoot a photo in auto setting. Camera automatically puts

F3.5, 1/60 ISO 400. Clean and bright Image but cannot sellect what i want it to focus on as it is auto mode

So i try put Manual Mode Input the same parameters as what auto recommend. Image come out dark.

Is this how it works or i am doing something wrong.

IMG_38991.JPG

IMG_38982.JPG

Last edited:
Manual mode flash didn't fire?

Flash Fired. Can see the Exif in photos

interesting. maybe the shots were taken within seconds of each other and flash has not been fully recharged. Or flash contact point is intermittent or for other reason (physical or software) hence did not fire the second time? Last is if there was any change in ambient light?

interesting. maybe the shots were taken within seconds of each other and flash has not been fully recharged. Or flash contact point is intermittent or for other reason (physical or software) hence did not fire the second time? Last is if there was any change in ambient light?
yeah I second this theory... looks like the flash didn't fire.

TS, mind posting up the exif data for both images? I couldn't extract any exif data.... :(

Check the power output of your flash. Is it in manual mode?

there is harsh shadow on the sec pic.. so thats mean flash fired..
but why so dark.. no idea man..

want to know too..

there is harsh shadow on the sec pic.. so thats mean flash fired..
but why so dark.. no idea man..

want to know too..
photography CSI :D

I'm puzzled too, why there can be enough light to cause the hard shadow, but not enough light to illuminate the front of the PC at least a bit more? :dunno:
I have some suspicion that the settings aren't exactly the same... that's why need the exif to compare.
Waiting for TS........................................... waiting.................

I shoot a photo in auto setting. Camera automatically puts
F3.5, 1/60 ISO 400. Clean and bright Image but cannot sellect what i want it to focus on as it is auto mode
So i try put Manual Mode Input the same parameters as what auto recommend. Image come out dark.
Please read your manual for 'selecting focus points'. It might not work in Auto, but definetely it will work in P, Av and Tv. Do take note of the different flash exposure metering approaches for P and Av when using Canon.
Selecting a different exposure mode because your AF point mode is not the right one is the wrong idea.

Last edited:
no exif in the pictures.

and what is your metering mode? matrix/center/spot?

And where is your AF point?

Without exif, we can only give theories....

That said, maybe you simply dialled in the wrong exposure values in M mode.

Sorry. At work now. Would post it tonight. Thank again for investigating. Judging from all your comments. Seems it should not be this way. I would reset my camera to default and try photo again.

Sorry Guys. I accidentally delete the original file. After i reset my camera to default. It seem to be alright. Didn't change anything before not sure why. I deeply sorry to have wasted your time. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.