Salted Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
As some people put it, a salted egg yolk, complete with a pair of "chopsticks" ;)

rueyloon

Jan 17, 2002
www.rueyloon.com
brother... careful leh... else you're burn your CCD with shots like this :p

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
Originally posted by rueyloon
just wonder, if i leave my DC on (not pointed at the sun)

but in the day for a very long time (and even under the sun) without switching off, will it spoil the CCD?

eg. during Chingay, i was under the sun, and i take lots of photo continuously without switch off the camera and let it cool down

rueyloon

Jan 17, 2002
www.rueyloon.com
707 is a EVF rite ? that means the CCD is always working as there is no shutter. Hence it means the CCD is exposed all the time. which can be dangerous.. .expecially when there is a point source of strong light.... like the sun.

Some one with a 995 left his camera on a time lapse mode to take the sun moving across the sky. The sun burned a line across the CCD.

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
707 is a EVF rite ? that means the CCD is always working as there is no shutter. Hence it means the CCD is exposed all the time. which can be dangerous.. .expecially when there is a point source of strong light.... like the sun.

Some one with a 995 left his camera on a time lapse mode to take the sun moving across the sky. The sun burned a line across the CCD.
i think all DC is like that....if the CCD not continuously working, how can it display the image on the LCD screen??

which means it is harmful for the CCD if i use the camera continuously without letting it to rest??? also it will cause more hotpixel?

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
yar i know..thanks. ;) I don't do this often, and it's the evening sun, so not very strong. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.