SAL50F14 vs SAL50F18

Yeah I bought the 50F18 already and I am quite satisfied with the bokeh. But in some situations, f/1.8 isn't big enough.. and I should be going full frame too.. so kinda regretted not getting the f/1.4..

For me ok as i bring my flash ard. Lol.

it ok when u going ff..there the 135 1.8 waiting for u

i just switched to f1.4 i think its better then 1.8 in term of sharpest using FF. AF sound much more better then 1.8 noise. 1.4 rotating sound sounds nicer.

if you shoot 50f1.4 on f1.8 it should be as sharp as 50f1.8 right?

Hmm not really i think.

Yesterday I happened to walk past a shop and they had a poster comparing all 50mms in the market. It was printed quite low res so some text was blur but the MTF values for 50F1.8 seemed to be higher than 50F1.4.

Or maybe I saw it wrong?

Hmm not really i think.

Yesterday I happened to walk past a shop and they had a poster comparing all 50mms in the market. It was printed quite low res so some text was blur but the MTF values for 50F1.8 seemed to be higher than 50F1.4.

Or maybe I saw it wrong?

Think one thing I learnt about photography is that specs is just a guide...results are everything.

That, and one more thing:

Results are subjective. I guess leave the specs aside and choose the one that gives you the result that you like.

That must'av just made things a lot more confusing eh? ;p

Think one thing I learnt about photography is that specs is just a guide...results are everything.

That, and one more thing:

Results are subjective. I guess leave the specs aside and choose the one that gives you the result that you like.

That must'av just made things a lot more confusing eh? ;p

Yep, cuz i've been using my minolta 50mm f1.4 for a while now and i find that at f1.4 it can be quite soft. sometimes i wished it can be sharper..