Sail Boat at Changi

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site

Shot with XP2. Scanned with Diamge Scan Dual II as color negative. Converted to B&W & added some vignet & barral distortion.

Looking for advice in burning & dodging.

I dodged the sky where the sun is, down towards the boat. Dodged edges faceing the sun as well as the pavement on the right.

I still feel the boat is flat. What should I do?

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003

Shot with XP2. Scanned with Diamge Scan Dual II as color negative. Converted to B&W & added some vignet & barral distortion.

Looking for advice in burning & dodging.

I dodged the sky where the sun is, down towards the boat. Dodged edges faceing the sun as well as the pavement on the right.

I still feel the boat is flat. What should I do?
Suggest adjusting backlight and bloom (e.g. using Photoscape) to make the boat stand out more.

Apr 22, 2004
Hougang
Think the problem lies with the overcast sky. Though PS can do wonders but getting that best shot really depends on the actual weather conditions

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
Suggest adjusting backlight and bloom (e.g. using Photoscape) to make the boat stand out more.
thanks zaren, but i m looking for a editing of ray shining on boat in a cloudy day kind of idea. if i "brighten" the boat overall, without adjusting the cloud, will it look too artificial?

Top Bottom