Safra Photographic Club


Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2004
841
0
0
#1
Hi there,

Have the intention of joining the club, anyone here is the members there ? normally what activities or workshop they provide ? heard they are shifting to mount faber end of this year.

hai that is getting further and further away from where i stay :(

wondering will it be beneficial if joined the club.

anyone can advise tks.
 

Aug 13, 2004
841
0
0
#3
:) :) :) so far learn quite a nos of things from the experts here, just that havent go ard joined the photoshoot yet :D

believe i will learn more when start joining the shoots, thats why me wondering really worth joined a photoclub :think:
 

KNIGHT ONG

Senior Member
Dec 18, 2003
5,792
1
38
PAKISTAN
www.pbase.com
#4
digipat2003 said:
:) :) :) so far learn quite a nos of things from the experts here, just that havent go ard joined the photoshoot yet :D

believe i will learn more when start joining the shoots, thats why me wondering really worth joined a photoclub :think:
IMHO, it should benefits u ...

http://www.hasselbladsingapore.com/partners.html
 

May 22, 2002
272
0
0
40
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
#6
digipat2003 said:
Hi there,

Have the intention of joining the club, anyone here is the members there ? normally what activities or workshop they provide ? heard they are shifting to mount faber end of this year.

hai that is getting further and further away from where i stay :(

wondering will it be beneficial if joined the club.

anyone can advise tks.
Bacically, u can use the Darkroom for FREE for whole day, can have cheap rates for the courses, rent of digital darkroom,studio and photo shoots, free makan for gathering, etc.......

whenever there is photography project done by SAFRAPC, u can join in with the older and experience photographers to gain experience....
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,737
0
0
#7
One feedback though. I attended a studio portraiture course from Apr to May. Submitted 6 photos for course assessment by 3rd week of May. Till todate, I have not heard of the outcome of the assessment. Wondering why it is taking so long?
 

May 22, 2002
272
0
0
40
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
#8
reachme2003 said:
One feedback though. I attended a studio portraiture course from Apr to May. Submitted 6 photos for course assessment by 3rd week of May. Till todate, I have not heard of the outcome of the assessment. Wondering why it is taking so long?
"money won't come while u sit and wait...." have u called and ask??

pardon me for being for not being polite, that's the problem with most s'porean.... don't like to ask but complain......

instructors are usually made known by the club the date for assessment.... and if u are contactable with the instructors, he should have let u guys know.... if not call up the POINT of contact... the club and ASK... if not, drop them a mail......
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,737
0
0
#9
I did enquired in June and was told that assessment was moved to August or September. It seems that the club has no responsibility towards informing its course participants regarding the postponment and delay, if any, of assessment. I came to know about it when I enquired. Since then, I have not heard from them. It is to be expected that course participants are anxious about the outcome of the assessment.

Yes, you may be right about your comments about singaporeans, But, in this instance, I do not think I behave like one as commented by you.
 

May 22, 2002
272
0
0
40
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
#10
reachme2003 said:
I did enquired in June and was told that assessment was moved to August or September. It seems that the club has no responsibility towards informing its course participants regarding the postponment and delay, if any, of assessment. I came to know about it when I enquired. Since then, I have not heard from them. It is to be expected that course participants are anxious about the outcome of the assessment.

Yes, you may be right about your comments about singaporeans, But, in this instance, I do not think I behave like one as commented by you.
i do behave like this at times....

what i would suggest, is for u to look for the instructors as the club would inform them about the assessment at ALL time.....
 

May 16, 2004
783
0
0
27
Rosyth Rd
photobucket.com
#11
May I know if I have to pay to be a member of the photography club when my dad is already a member of SAFRA? Is there a free photo magazine every month & sent it to the house or have to collect it personally from the club? :dunno: :sweat: :sweatsm:
 

May 22, 2002
272
0
0
40
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
#12
polo_pro10 said:
May I know if I have to pay to be a member of the photography club when my dad is already a member of SAFRA? Is there a free photo magazine every month & sent it to the house or have to collect it personally from the club? :dunno: :sweat: :sweatsm:
it depends on how old are u.... if u have pass the CHILDREN age, and have gone thru NS, or still in NS, u have to apply the membership of SAFRA before u can be a Club member....

there is no mag so far being issued. if there is, it will be sent to your house.
 

May 16, 2004
783
0
0
27
Rosyth Rd
photobucket.com
#13
reignman77 said:
it depends on how old are u.... if u have pass the CHILDREN age, and have gone thru NS, or still in NS, u have to apply the membership of SAFRA before u can be a Club member....

there is no mag so far being issued. if there is, it will be sent to your house.
So do i have to pay for the membership fee?? & I tout tat there is a mag call iphoto/photoi? :dunno:
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,737
0
0
#14
Safra photographic club's membership does not entitle one to any magazine. PhotoI is published by another organisation, unrelated to Safra.

Whether you need to pay membership fee is, I think, explained quite clearly by reignman77. For clearer explanation, please clarify with Safra.
 

May 22, 2002
272
0
0
40
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
#15
polo_pro10 said:
So do i have to pay for the membership fee?? & I tout tat there is a mag call iphoto/photoi? :dunno:
yes u have to...... photoI is not by SAFRAPC

if the in house mag is on, u will recieve it. so far, the in house mag is not out till further notices....
 

Status
Not open for further replies.