SAFRA photographic club & studio ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sequitur

Apr 17, 2003
flickr.com
hi there,

any idea how to join the club ? emailed the guys but no reply for a long period liao...

also does anybody know what kind of equipment they have in their studio ? would like to book it soon...

thanks !

yesterday, i was there and wanted to see the studio and equipment, but did not get to as someone brought the key with him when he left the club premises. and i could not wait for him to return. if you an existing safra ordinary member, you may apply to join their photographic club at any safra outlets.

just remembered, membership to photo club, by itself, does not confer members the privilege of using some or all of the facilties.

so if i am already a safra member,,,,all i have to do is sign up ya...??

Witness said:
so if i am already a safra member,,,,all i have to do is sign up ya...??

And pay $18 for yearly membership and $50 for term membership. Anyway will find out more when I visit SAFRA today.

Cheers
John

The studio at the new safra has not been fully set up yet...
so i do not think it will be ready for use anytime till early next year..
i heard this from one of the instructors..

with regards to the membership ... its always very easy to pick up to phone to make a phone call.

Happy shooting

:)

Sputnik said:
The studio at the new safra has not been fully set up yet...
so i do not think it will be ready for use anytime till early next year..
i heard this from one of the instructors..

with regards to the membership ... its always very easy to pick up to phone to make a phone call.

Happy shooting

:)

weird.. i call, they tell me to email the guy whose email is on the website.. i email, wait a few days, no reply.. no idea what they're up to...

call 62786011 ask for lawrence.

Safra's old studio had let see 2 x 500 wats of the new elinchrome flashes and an old 1600 bowens. Soft boxes and umbrellas avaialble.

The 2 main cons about renting from them are the hours - basically its office - week day night is in theory possible but you need to do advance booking. Sat its up to 12noon sunday forget about it. The second is I think they need to know if you know how to use the light properly - while any one can try to use studio flashes there are some who are either ignorant or plain do not care and work the flashes wrongly examples motor drive flash aka fashion channel news.

Membership is $18 per year.... use of darkroom is subject to a check if you have basic darkroom training - they used to need to see a cert from your darkroom course or you have to satisify there darkroom instructor that you know what you are doing... same principle protect the equipment from abuse.

Anyways best talk to Lawerence about call in email could be slow in coming back.

how much to rent the studio there anyone knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.