SAFRA Photographer of the Year 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

rty

Staff member
Jan 19, 2002
Singapore

All photography enthusiasts, come join one of the top local nation-wide competitions, "SAFRA Photographer of the Year 2002" and win cash and prizes totaling $13,000!

Participants may submit as many entries as they wish, but entries must be in 8R or Super 8R mounted separately on a cardboard with a 2.5cm (1 inch) border and in a set of 4 prints that reflect 4 different themes from the following:

Digital Imaging;
Culture & Tradition;
Nature;
Macro/Close-up;
Architecture;
People;
Night Scene; and,
Sports.

A fee of $5.00 per participant is payable to SAFRA, except for members of SAFRAPC (SAFRA Photographic Club).

Entries should be hand-delivered to SAFRA Photographic Club by Tue, 31 Dec 2002, 1.00pm, at -

SAFRA Photographic Club
SAFRA Bukit Merah (level 5)
Singapore 159468

Judging will be conducted on Sun, 12 Jan 2003, 9.30am, at Function Room, SAFRA Bukit Merah (level 4). All are welcome!

For more information, please contact SAFRA Photographic Club at 6377 3681 /682 or email bmclub@safra.org.sg

Originally posted by Larry
hmmm.... *itchy fingers* :D

Stop thinking and start shooting now.....:D
Wait! Maybe can dig out some old pics to use as well..:p

Hey...

I'm not a member of Safra...but can i join in the competition?
not aiming for the D100, but hope the exposure will do me good.

Cheers,
I_AM

If you didn't already realize, this contest has roughly the same guidelines as the Portfolio forum that Jed/Jas has setup -> to submit "related" photos of different genres.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by I_AM
Hey...

I'm not a member of Safra...but can i join in the competition?
not aiming for the D100, but hope the exposure will do me good.

Cheers,
I_AM

yap... u can join the competition... pay $5 lor... closing date end of the year....

Originally posted by rty

Participants may submit as many entries as they wish, but entries must be in 8R or Super 8R mounted separately on a cardboard with a 2.5cm (1 inch) border and in a set of 4 prints that reflect 4 different themes from the following:

Sorry if this sounds silly, but how do you mount the photos onto the cardboard? cut slits on the cardboard? double-sided tape? Is there a "standard" way of doing it? Thanks

..NuTs..

There's no standard but I saw people using just a cheap regular one-sided 5 cm wide tape that people usually use for packing big boxes. Just cut the tape into 5x10cm and fold it nicely into a little triangular shape.

Some people said two sided tape can be too thick.

Originally posted by nuts

Sorry if this sounds silly, but how do you mount the photos onto the cardboard? cut slits on the cardboard? double-sided tape? Is there a "standard" way of doing it? Thanks

..NuTs..

just buy a mounting board from any book shop... usually 1 mounting board can use for 4 8RS print... for your photos, u have to cut a 1mm immersion then mount it with double side tape...

SAFRAPC's submission(regardless classes or competition) needs to mount with 1mm immersion all round the photo... its to let your photo look more presentable... if not worng, most club house encourage this..

so its 1 mounting board with 4 photos of different themes?

can be 4 of same?

Originally posted by Kazu
so its 1 mounting board with 4 photos of different themes?

can be 4 of same?

NOpe... 1 mounting board is about the size of 31 inches by 24 inches... then u have to cut into 4 pieces for 4 8rs print... each piece of mounting board cost from $3.50 to $4.50

u will be luck if u can get it at $2.80...

1 set of photo have to be of 4 different themes...

htanx reignman, but what's the reason for immersion? I don't understand, so you blow it up to 8R and just cut off 1mm border? how does 1mm make much of a difference? thanx!

Originally posted by hoppinghippo
htanx reignman, but what's the reason for immersion? I don't understand, so you blow it up to 8R and just cut off 1mm border? how does 1mm make much of a difference? thanx!

with black mounting board, and a 1mm immersion, u will see that your print are more presentable... lab printing with white boarder looks ugly... btw, 1mm is VERY thin....

Status
Not open for further replies.