SAFRA Photo Convnetion 2004 - Beyond The Land

Status
Not open for further replies.

myopic

Nov 9, 2002
Visit site
A renowned landscape photographer from U.S.A, Prof Li Yuan is Professor Emeritus at Rutgers University, New Jersey as well as Vice-Chairman of The Society of Worldwide Ethnic Chinese Photographers. Pro Li has written eight books and produced four documentaries on China. His works have appeared in many publications, including "Singapore Today". Don't miss out on this golden opportunity to hear Prof Li share his invaluable experiences!

Programme
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Slide show of worldwide collection of landscape photographs
Buffet lunch and tea breaks
Monochrome Exhibition of courses students' works
Quenstion and answer session with Prof Li Yuan

Venue
SAFRA Tampines
(Feeder bus from Tampines MRT provided
8.30am and 8.45am)
$15.75 Student
$42.00 SAFRA Photographic Club Member
$52.50 SAFRA Member
$63.00 Guest
(Complimentary goodie bag)

Registration
Online at www.safra.org.sg
Cheque payable to "SAFRA" and mail to SAFRA Photographer Club
SAFRA Bukit Merah,
5200 Jalan Bukit Merah
Singapore 159468
Cash/NETS/VISA payment at all SAFRA clubs.
Closing date for registration: Sun, 29 Feb 04
Tel: 6377 3681 /2
Email: plawrence@safra.org.sg

Organisers
SAFRA Photographic Club
RJC
RI
RGS

Hmm ...... :think:

If I remembered correctly Prof Li Yuan has been to Singapore before to give talks. Probably I will check with my photo club who is going. ;)

Anyone knows what is inside the goodies bag?? Any info on this Prof Li Yuan??

Errr ... any members from Boon Lay CC Photo-Art Center, also enjoys the rate of $42.00. ;)

You can get the $42.00 special price if you register with Raymond Chua from BLPC

Prof Li Yuan has just arrived in Singapore today. He will be at SAFRA Bukit Merah this Sunday, 29 Feb 2004 to judge the SAFRA Annual Members' Competition.

Those who are interested to get to know Prof Li or to watch the judging, you can go down to SAFRA Bukit Merah on this Sun at 10am.

;p

KNIGHT ONG said:
I will be going leh ... ;)

PSS members are also photographers, therefore there will be discount for you as well.
For any enquiries, pls call the club staff at 6377 3681.

myopic .... you used the wrong post. :D :eek:

It is RuthBaby who say PSS members no discount leh .... :blah:

$63 for guest? that's day light robbery.

Further to what Goldmember said, we should not jump into conclusion without giving a 2nd thought on the price they charge.

The discounted price are for those who is already a member to the photographic club, SAFRA members paid an annual fees of $18 to the club. This applied to others clubs as well paying an annual subscription to their club or society.

Guest, I presumed he/she is not a members to any of the photo clubs, hence the price is slightly higher. :D

Hope this will clear up some negative feedback on the high price for Guest. :lovegrin:

The seminar includes 2 tea breaks and buffet lunch, quite reasonable. :cool:

aiya, singaporeans all like that lah. it's not 1 bamboo turn over the whole boat. some people here willing to spend coulpe thousand of dollars on camera & accessories, but not willing to spend a few more hundred dollars to protect it. kekeke initially i'm 1 of them but i learnt my expensive lesson.

Prof Li Yuan will be attending a live interview on "Zhao An Ni Hao" tomorrow morning at 7.00am.

Due to the interview, the closing date will be extended to this Fri, 5 March 2004.

KNIGHT ONG said:
Hmm ...... :think:

If I remembered correctly Prof Li Yuan has been to Singapore before to give talks. Probably I will check with my photo club who is going. ;)

Yes! I actually attended the talks probably two years(or so) ago at the main Canon office building at Jln Bukit Merah Rd. And it's free of charge. BTW, he's a Canon user & he don't use any filters(only filter to protect the lens, I think?) for taking(I think) all his pictures. That was back than, don't know about now. I will be attending his talks tomorrow, so see you guys & gals there(if you can find me) :D . Cheers dude ;) !And try not to miss it. :think:

Anyone of you noticed a guy entered the door with a camera bag at around 9:30am? That's me!

I realized that the speaker(Pro. Li-Yuan) have injured marks on his face today. Probably he hurt himself after since I saw him last Sunday at SAFRA Bukit Merah Photographic Club judging some photo contest. I hope he will get well soon & take good care of himself too. It's our honour to know that at the age of 68, he's still an enthusiastic person in his professional field. Great respect for his perseverance & spirit. Hope to see more of his work the next time round. For good health & all best wishes for the master. Cheers & keep on shooting with thought! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.