Safe to buy from DDE electronic?

ctxx83

Nov 29, 2010
Hi all, i havent got any experience buying from them before. Is it safe?

They allow self-pickup at their office so in a sense should let u be less worried. Not all their items are cheaper than the local shops. For those items that are cheaper, need to check on who is providing the warranty repair etc.

Warranty is shop warranty. U can always drop by their shop and test out the item u buying. Test to ur satisfaction before paying.

This topic has been heavily discussed... haha... but to ans your qns, yes seems like alot of pple has buy from them.. .some of their prices are competitive (even lower than B&S)... shop warranty only... but better than none.

do your market research and sums :)

my friend bought a 12k lens from them so i would assume so.....they have a store front and if people can buy from people with no store front in mass order but grey sets from hkg, i cannot see why they are any less safe.....dun flame me...just my thoughts.

my friend bought a 12k lens from them so i would assume so.....they have a store front and if people can buy from people with no store front in mass order but grey sets from hkg, i cannot see why they are any less safe.....dun flame me...just my thoughts.

Totally agree with you, if people are willing to get grey sets from HK at the same price, why not get it here? At least got 1 year in-store warranty.

Totally agree with you, if people are willing to get grey sets from HK at the same price, why not get it here? At least got 1 year in-store warranty.

Not exactly the same price for all items.. was inquiring the Canon 135F2 lens but the price different is not significantly different for a 15mth canon warranty local set. And it's much more $$$ den the HK street price.

At the end of the day, you still need to compare the prices of the items before you make the purchase. ;)

Not exactly the same price for all items.. was inquiring the Canon 135F2 lens but the price different is not significantly different for a 15mth canon warranty local set. And it's much more $$$ den the HK street price.

At the end of the day, you still need to compare the prices of the items before you make the purchase. ;)

Haha yes that's true, one more thing about DD is that their prices fluctuate very frequently according to the exchange rate, so you never know when you will be getting the best deal.

so it boils down to doing your on research right? but say if someone wana sell a set from hkg in MO for same price in DD.....why should i buy from MO? The store front means they have a registry to ROC....MO is paying clubsnap and u think admin or mod will take responsibilities? not saying they should and honestly they should not. so i see not much problem getting from DD. Given a choice, i rather buy from someone i can walk into the shop and eff them for selling me a lemon then someone i cannot find and deregistered from CS.

Haha yes that's true, one more thing about DD is that their prices fluctuate very frequently according to the exchange rate, so you never know when you will be getting the best deal.

but that can work to our advantage at times dun you think so? not to mention they give 2% discount more for cash payment....damn for the price of the 50mm f1.8II with 2 percent discount, i cannot see why I wana buy from BNS man...

but that can work to our advantage at times dun you think so? not to mention they give 2% discount more for cash payment....damn for the price of the 50mm f1.8II with 2 percent discount, i cannot see why I wana buy from BNS man...

Its a double edged sword i guess, ultimately you might pay less than the other shops but you cannot deny the regret that comes when you realised that you pay a price that is significantly higher than the one listed a week later.:bsmilie:

u sure?? 50mm f1.8 only selling from S$118-125 with GST at funan reputable shops with local warranty, DD is selling them for S$140 -2% which is more expensive, some of their things is cheap but some is not worth buying just do ur reseach first before buying so u don regret ur deal be it new local set or grey set or 2nd hand ;)

I don't think you'd want to get that particular lens from DDE cos you can get local versions for less. But there are other lenses where the prices are significantly lower. Of course, it's up to each individual to check on prices from a variety of sources and make their own decisions.

u sure?? 50mm f1.8 only selling from S$118-125 with GST at funan reputable shops with local warranty, DD is selling them for S$140 -2% which is more expensive, some of their things is cheap but some is not worth buying just do ur reseach first before buying so u don regret ur deal be it new local set or grey set or 2nd hand ;)

and maybe you want to read the thread before commenting i dun do my research. the argument here is why are people always asking about whether some shops here can be trusted when they rather trust some registered MO sellers in CS that is bringing lenses in and in some cases not even being able to determine price first.

given a choice of a MO seller selling a 50mm f1.8 at 120 (assuming) and DDE selling at $140, irregardless of what the shops are selling, i will take the product from DDE anytime coz they HAVE A SHOP FRONT in singapore compare to an internet seller that is selling behind the computer.

and maybe you want to read the thread before commenting i dun do my research. the argument here is why are people always asking about whether some shops here can be trusted when they rather trust some registered MO sellers in CS that is bringing lenses in and in some cases not even being able to determine price first.

given a choice of a MO seller selling a 50mm f1.8 at 120 (assuming) and DDE selling at $140, irregardless of what the shops are selling, i will take the product from DDE anytime coz they HAVE A SHOP FRONT in singapore compare to an internet seller that is selling behind the computer.

i'm not talking about MO here, i'm talking about local reputable shops with local canon warranties selling cheaper 50mm f1.8 than DD :D

Almost all of my friends gear is from DD :)

buy there if its cheaper. if not, go some where else. PERIOD!:sweat:

safe! u can order and collect at the shop and pay there. no problem dealing with them.