SAF officer exposed himself in school

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckard

Oct 13, 2006
ST
May 4, 2007

A SINGAPORE Armed Forces (SAF) captain yesterday admitted trespassing in a school and exposing himself to teenage girls there.
Ong Chun Kiat, 27, who faces five charges, pleaded guilty to one count of criminal trespass and two of insulting the modesty of women in the school on Aug 12, 2005.
That day, he drove into the school compound though he has no legitimate purpose to be there, said Assistant Public Prosecutor Sasha Lee Kok San.
He did not report his presence to school personnel and went to the toilets near a ground floor canteen.
He loitered for a while before walking into the men's toilet, planting himself at the first urinal - which is visible from the entrance to the women's toilet.
He pulled down his trousers and underwear to the thighs, exposing his behind to a female student on her way to the women's toilet.
A few minutes later, another girl leaving the toilet spotted Ong, who turned around and exposed himself to her.
Shocked, she retreated into the toilet. The two girls stayed inside for a few minutes and when they left, Ong was gone.
But he returned on Aug 23 and exposed himself to another girl, who later made a police report.
In mitigation yesterday, Ong's lawyer, Mr Gregory Vijayendran, said his client had an impeccable record, even winning a Ministry of Defence study award in 2000 to pursue his education overseas.
Asking that Ong not be jailed, he added that he was struggling with depression at the time of the offences as a result of a failed relationship.
He has been to a consultant psychiatrist - Dr Y.C. Lim - and is undergoing counselling.
District Judge Lee Poh Choo adjourned the case to June 7 to await a progress report from Dr Lim.
She said: 'I take into account that he is young, a brilliant young man, and his future is in jeopardy over this unexplained behaviour.'
She also sought an assurance that Ong would not repeat such behaviour.

kiat.jpg

ST
May 4, 2007

A SINGAPORE Armed Forces (SAF) captain yesterday admitted trespassing in a school and exposing himself to teenage girls there.
Ong Chun Kiat, 27, who faces five charges, pleaded guilty to one count of criminal trespass and two of insulting the modesty of women in the school on Aug 12, 2005.
That day, he drove into the school compound though he has no legitimate purpose to be there, said Assistant Public Prosecutor Sasha Lee Kok San.
He did not report his presence to school personnel and went to the toilets near a ground floor canteen.
He loitered for a while before walking into the men's toilet, planting himself at the first urinal - which is visible from the entrance to the women's toilet.
He pulled down his trousers and underwear to the thighs, exposing his behind to a female student on her way to the women's toilet.
A few minutes later, another girl leaving the toilet spotted Ong, who turned around and exposed himself to her.
Shocked, she retreated into the toilet. The two girls stayed inside for a few minutes and when they left, Ong was gone.
But he returned on Aug 23 and exposed himself to another girl, who later made a police report.
In mitigation yesterday, Ong's lawyer, Mr Gregory Vijayendran, said his client had an impeccable record, even winning a Ministry of Defence study award in 2000 to pursue his education overseas.
Asking that Ong not be jailed, he added that he was struggling with depression at the time of the offences as a result of a failed relationship.
He has been to a consultant psychiatrist - Dr Y.C. Lim - and is undergoing counselling.
District Judge Lee Poh Choo adjourned the case to June 7 to await a progress report from Dr Lim.
She said: 'I take into account that he is young, a brilliant young man, and his future is in jeopardy over this unexplained behaviour.'

kiat.jpg

what kind of toilet design is that?:bigeyes:

waaaa captain gone case liao. :bsmilie:

Why is there a need to report what he is working as??

you even got this picture, but how often can we remember a molester's face in a crowd of 4million people
many will simply forget.

Why is there no need to report what he is working as?

Because I dun see the relevance as I think people in all type of job can commit crimes - from highly paid to lowly paid, from highly education and high post to lowly educated and low post.

I dun believe in probability that a highly educated man is less likely to commit crime.

Could be an old school design. I sometimes feel insecure going to such toilets myself especially when people outside can see. ;p

Have you guys used the toilet at the new AMK Hub.. the one oposite SubWay?? If not mistaken the people using the wall urinals can also be seen from outside!!! What a lousy design.

Because I dun see the relevance as I think people in all type of job can commit crimes - from highly paid to lowly paid, from highly education and high post to lowly educated and low post.

I dun believe in probability that a highly educated man is less likely to commit crime.
but a highly educated man is supposedly intelligent enough to know right from wrong and not sexpose himself like that.

This is called profiling. You normally don't expect a SAF officer being taksed to defend our country to commit any crimes like this (or at all). Similiarly for any police officers.

Of course, I'm sceptical if you really know what I'm talking about

ST
May 4, 2007

kiat.jpg

His future is gone. Studied so hard for a degree, endured so much in OCS and the rank now is worth lesser than a boy scout. so sad... :think:

I think intelligence and moral values are 2 different things. A person can have no education at all and is stupid but his moral values are way better than those who has great intelligence.

but a highly educated man is supposedly intelligent enough to know right from wrong and not sexpose himself like that.

This is called profiling. You normally don't expect a SAF officer being taksed to defend our country to commit any crimes like this (or at all). Similiarly for any police officers.

Of course, I'm sceptical if you really know what I'm talking about

... in other words... Humans are Humans... Law and Order applies to all :sweat:

He made 2 separate attempts, shows that the act was made with a perfectly sane mind. How can the judge take his youth and intelligence into consideration?

If the urinal is visible from the door, it is technically not his fault right? :dunno:

The urinal is made for a specific purpose... and if it is his habit to pull down his pants when he pees, then what's wrong with that?

If the urinal is visible from the door, it is technically not his fault right? :dunno:

The urinal is made for a specific purpose... and if it is his habit to pull down his pants when he pees, then what's wrong with that?

As he is an intelligent person, he can choose to use another urinal what

Im sorry, the fact that he chose NOT to use another urinal should not be held against him.

Of course, there may be other facts not reflected in the newspaper report that we do not know about which conveys his intention to expose himself deliberately.

As he is an intelligent person, he can choose to use another urinal what

Status
Not open for further replies.