SAF Hamilton watch remove engraving

[video=youtube;wM-3JEbf13c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM-3JEbf13c[/video]

Last edited:
Why don't you look for a watch repairer who has a spare (no engraving) back for this watch. Just pay for the clean back and have it installed.

Why don't you look for a watch repairer who has a spare (no engraving) back for this watch. Just pay for the clean back and have it installed.

I doubt watch Repairers will have spare original Hamilton backs lying around.

I was just back from ICT, and the MR personnel in my unit got a Swiss Army quartz watch. I didn't get to see the case back, but the dial also has some logo representing the SAF.

Back to the Hamilton, I understand that there are procedures that essentially file off the engraving. You sorta lose some metal this way.

Just in case you are thinking of selling the watch, don't expect the watch to fetch too much. A regular BNIB automatic Hamilton watch can be had for more than 40% off the retail price. (Standard discount should vary from 20-30%) Given the fact that people would know this is a free gift from the military that most Singaporean males will receive eventually anyway, I won't put too much hopes into that.

but why u want to do that? my watch glass broke only 2 weeks after receiving it but i still keeping it as souvenirs.

I was just back from ICT, and the MR personnel in my unit got a Swiss Army quartz watch. I didn't get to see the case back, but the dial also has some logo representing the SAF.

Back to the Hamilton, I understand that there are procedures that essentially file off the engraving. You sorta lose some metal this way.

Just in case you are thinking of selling the watch, don't expect the watch to fetch too much. A regular BNIB automatic Hamilton watch can be had for more than 40% off the retail price. (Standard discount should vary from 20-30%) Given the fact that people would know this is a free gift from the military that most Singaporean males will receive eventually anyway, I won't put too much hopes into that.

Kindly enlighten where to get 40% off Hamiltons? Me thinking of getting the Khaki Auto

but why u want to do that? my watch glass broke only 2 weeks after receiving it but i still keeping it as souvenirs.

Maybe he bought a watch that is engraved with some one else's name.

Kindly enlighten where to get 40% off Hamiltons? Me thinking of getting the Khaki Auto

I meant second hand items. Go hunt around the usual watch forums and the preferred pre-owned dealers.

Your one is made of glass, SAF issue glass one instead of saphire crystal ??. :bsmilie: