S800 Canon on Mac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveT

Apr 5, 2004
HI Guys,
just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem.

I have a Powerbook G4 15" which is a year old and an old canon S800 photo printer. Its not the best or modern printer, but it works with the PC.
I've been trying to use it on my mac, but for some reason the mac doesn't even recognise it when the USB is plugged in. ;(

I've gone to the canon website in US to download the drivers for the latest mac OSX, but still there is no recognition by the computer.

Just to make sure its not a mac software problem, i plugged in an HP laser 1300, and- instant recognition and printing with no problem.

So can anyone tell me once and for all if the s800 is supported by the mac OSX?

many, many thanks!
david

Hi... is there a model S800? Hmmm... if it's a local model I guess you can call the Canon guys up to check. The number is 6799 8888 and they operate from 9-5 daily (Mon-fri).

If yours is the S820, then you can download the driver from the following location. (Yes... the S820 does support Mac OS X). Or else, it could be a faulty USB cable?

http://www.canon-asia.com/downloads/drivers/s820v152.dmg.sit

Hope this helps! ;)

i use the S600 and it my ibook recognises it instantly... no problems.. and i think that the S800 is ard the same generation as my printer... check your connections and maybe your printer settings on OSX

Hi Neo and SHowtime,
thanks for your inputs.
I've tried new cables to no avail.
The S800 is the older version of the 820. Yes, i'm curious why the 620 is supported though.The printer settings are definitely ok, which explains why the newer HP laser works automatically.
I tried to call canon, but was put on hold, and then told that they'd call me back...but its been 3 weeks!
Will try them again. Sigh.
David
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.