Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Let's count strength! :)

(had a typo previously.... :embrass: )

Also, list out the accessories you're using :)

Let me start:
1. Fujifilm Wide-angle converter kit (which comes with 55-55mm adaptor)
2. 55mm Hoya UV filter
3. RiData 256MB CF
4. NCP 128MB CF
5. 52mm Close-up filter
6. 52mm Circular Polariser
7. 8 point star filter
8. Metz 32-Z1 external flash
9. 55-52mm stepdown ring

Still considering a Microdrive ;p If the stock market moves favourably, I might just get it.

Me number 2 :)

1. 55mm to 52mm adapter
2. 52mm Hoya UV filter
3. 1GB IBM microdrive

Me too, and that makes it 3 :)

1. 1 GB IBM Microdrive
2. 128MB Ridata Compact Flash

:rbounce: :gbounce: :rbounce:

Originally posted by Bluestrike
Stop counting strength and start posting pic!!!!

@#$$^^%*&*&(*(^

;p will do. will do. might go for a photoshoot this weekend ;p

wah kanu how many million years never see you post liao?
;p ;p ;p

Make it 4th

1. 256MB Ridata Compact Flash
2. 55mm to 52mm adapter

if anyone is looking for close-up filters, you could try Foto Guide (besides Cathay Photo, Peninsula). I got a Hoya 52mm +3 for $12.

I also just got a ND8 filter ($10) which reduces the amount of light entering the lens and allows slow shutter speed to be used during the day. This will allow "silky" water flow/falls to be captured.

hi mpenza, did you see any good quality TCs going at around 150 bucks and below? if so care to state how many times is it and what brand and less thread?
thanx

5th.

1) S602Z
2) IBM 1GB microdrive
3) Slik U6600 tripod
4) Achiever 828 Flash
5) Fujifilm TL-FX9 tele conversion lens
6) Hoya UV filter
7) Hoya CIR-PL filter
8) Hoya Star6 filter
9) Lowepro Nova1 camera bag

Originally posted by renaissance_myth
hi mpenza, did you see any good quality TCs going at around 150 bucks and below? if so care to state how many times is it and what brand and less thread?
thanx

Canon 58mm 1.5x teleconverter (meant for G1 and G2) should be quite good and it cost ~$140. But you would need to get a step-up ring but you have more zoom range to use.

Fujifilm 1.5x (with adaptor) costs around $170. It's light and from what I've heard, the quality is good. You also get a good zoom range.

I've the $70 Olympus C-210 1.9x but there's vignetting. To minimise vignetting at full zoom, I need to remove the UV filter.

There's another Olympus C-180 1.7x which costs $70 (at Mustafa previously). I think there would be less vignetting compared to the C-210.

So far, seems like there're very few cheap and good teleconverter. I wanted to try out the new Canon 2.4x teleconverter but the shops hadn't gotten it yet :(

Originally posted by mpenza

Canon 58mm 1.5x teleconverter (meant for G1 and G2) should be quite good and it cost ~$140. But you would need to get a step-up ring but you have more zoom range to use.

Fujifilm 1.5x (with adaptor) costs around $170. It's light and from what I've heard, the quality is good. You also get a good zoom range.

I've the $70 Olympus C-210 1.9x but there's vignetting. To minimise vignetting at full zoom, I need to remove the UV filter.

There's another Olympus C-180 1.7x which costs $70 (at Mustafa previously). I think there would be less vignetting compared to the C-210.

So far, seems like there're very few cheap and good teleconverter. I wanted to try out the new Canon 2.4x teleconverter but the shops hadn't gotten it yet :(

Just to check with you where did you get the pricing for both the fuji 1.5x and canon 1.5X respectively.

Thanks

Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff

Just to check with you where did you get the pricing for both the fuji 1.5x and canon 1.5X respectively.

Thanks

Jeff

No problem :)

Fuji 1.5x from both Cathay Photo and MS Color.

Canon 1.5x from MS Color.

I didn't test out the quality though. You intend to get one of them?

Originally posted by mpenza

No problem :)

Fuji 1.5x from both Cathay Photo and MS Color.

Canon 1.5x from MS Color.

I didn't test out the quality though. You intend to get one of them?

Yap, getting the canon tele 1.5x + stepup ring 55-58mm + HMC UV. May get a >1.5x if price is good. Buying 2moro from MS Color.

:)

Originally posted by Jeff

Yap, getting the canon tele 1.5x + stepup ring 55-58mm + HMC UV. May get a >1.5x if price is good. Buying 2moro from MS Color.

:)

remember to show us samples with it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.