s60

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosycatus

Jun 9, 2004
Is this cam any good? Beside the wide angle? how does it compare to say, A80?
Anyway, what's the lowest price of this cam....
i'm drooling over the wide angle.

cosycatus said:
Is this cam any good? Beside the wide angle? how does it compare to say, A80?
Anyway, what's the lowest price of this cam....
i'm drooling over the wide angle.

see this thread.

S series is market position is 1 class higher than A series
s60 seem cool
although no original WA convertor
but can use the ricoh or other brand one (if i am not wrong should be 37mm) to make it to 22mm wide

S-series are better than A-series on the processor speed, meaning faster shot-to-shot, multishot, better menu response, RAW image, etc. Function-wise, they are similar. If price is not a factor, go for S-series. However, A-series have vari-angle LCD which is more fun to use. Having said that, A80's LCD screen is miserably small.

Look out for new 5mp A95 and 7mp S70!!

Hmmm...just chk out AP. they quote me $780. Not bad, that plus a free 256mb card redemable.

But its kinda large. I dunno whether to give up my small and sleek ixus for it or not.
Dilemna.

I'm currently using a S50...bought last year June. It served me very well and it's actually quite compact too. Features wise more packed than IXUS I feel...my S50 is my learning camera :). S60 specifications wise resolved some of S50's limitations because of the zoom and wide angle increase - the 2 main things I struggled with S50. I find A80's screen a bit small to handle. I can't bear to part with my S50 so now saving money to buy a DSLR ;p . Hope this can be of help to you cosy :).

Status
Not open for further replies.