S60 local personal reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutek

Jul 3, 2003
AMK
www.flickr.com
Hi,

Has anyone been using the Powershot S60? Can share share your experiences (pro/cons) of the camera? I am very interested in purchasing one too.

Wenyao

perror

Jul 28, 2004
I have tested the S60 a while back i think 2 weeks ago. Overall a pretty nice camera...lens wise, I was pretty impressed how fast it moves. From a recessed position to extended operational position it's suprisingly fast. LCD is pretty fluid...and the new UI is quite nice..smooth..Interaction wise, it is better compared to the earlier models of the S series like the S45 and the S50. Image quality is pretty decent..I have some sample shots in RAW..i'll try to find somewhere to put them later..Overall a pretty good camera. :thumbsup:

The only thing I didn't like about the camera is well..while testing..the shutter died on me...so I got a bunch of pictures where the bottom half is all black. :nono: But that could be a manufacturing defect I guess..:)

perror

Jul 28, 2004
As promised here's one of the pictures I took with the S60...a bit small though.. :embrass:

A larger version is available here:

S60 Test Shot

nutek

Jul 3, 2003
AMK
www.flickr.com
Hi perror,

Thanks for the review! Glad to know that the lens extension mechanism is fast :)

Mmm.. the test pic you showed - it's at 28mm focal length right? There's substantial barrel distortion, and the corners (bottom left, esp) seem soft to me. Do you have the actual RAW file that you can put up online? Mucha gracias (thank you!) :cool:

perror

Jul 28, 2004
Hi nutek,

Yes I agree the corners are particularly soft..although it could be due to the relatively short focusing distance I used and also the F4.0 aperture. Perhaps the reason why the left side is softer than the right is because it's somewhat more distant than the right..:) I have the original RAW file plus one more file which I didn't upload. However, they are each 5MB so I have no idea where to put them. I can mail it to you if you wish. Please PM me your e-mail address if you are interested..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.