S400 vs EX-Z3

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pixiedust

hi.. i'm juz some end-user plannin on getting a digicam for taking everyday photos (nothin professional... juz like taking any normal photos with ur film cameras)

basically most of the photos will probably be posted online or saved in my HD... but sometimes i will do wan to print them out in 4R with reasonably good quality (like normal cameras.. ha.. sorrie if i sound stoopid.. esp since quality is subjective, but i am really clueless since this is my first digicam)

i chose these 2 models mainly for their small sizes.

Would the casio exilim Z3 be sufficient for my uses... or shud i fork out that extra money for the canon digital IXUS400? the s400 is tempting..since there are so many good reviews about it.. and of cuz.. the 4MP.. but i'm worried i might be paying more for something i might really not need. since 3MP shud be more than enuff for a good 4R printout am i right?

thanks a million!!!

pixiedust said:
hi.. i'm juz some end-user plannin on getting a digicam for taking everyday photos (nothin professional... juz like taking any normal photos with ur film cameras)

basically most of the photos will probably be posted online or saved in my HD... but sometimes i will do wan to print them out in 4R with reasonably good quality (like normal cameras.. ha.. sorrie if i sound stoopid.. esp since quality is subjective, but i am really clueless since this is my first digicam)

Would the casio exilim Z3 be sufficient for my uses... or shud i fork out that extra money for the canon digital IXUS400? the s400 is tempting..since there are so many good reviews about it.. and of cuz.. the 4MP.. but i'm worried i might be paying more for something i might really not need. since 3MP shud be more than enuff for a good 4R printout am i right?

thanks a million!!!

Hi, pixiedust...I was once in ur position when I wanna get a compact digicam...I was condidering between Casio Z3 & Canon Ixus S400...

In the end I picked up S400 bcoz of its cerabrite body, which is scratch-resistant & very stylish. The use of Digic chip, used on all Canon latest digicams & DSLRs, has also convinced me of its quality & performance. Finally the price of CF card is half tat of SD card used by Z3. Which makes S400 much cheaper if u decided to get more CF card...

I suggest u go down to the shop and try both to see which one fits u comfortably...Feature-wise, both have their pros & cons...But if u ask me, I would go for the 4MP cam... ;)

My 0.02Kb worth :D

World's Biggest Camera brand vs .... a watch maker?

think about it..

imo, the only good thing izzat it's very stylish and small.. performance/quality-wise, pls go dpreview and see for yourself ..

my aunt has an IXUS 400, must say the build quality is as solid as the prosumer cam i have.. good quality too and operation is easy as pie..

Casio is actually a pioneer in digital cameras. They have as much (if not more) experience making digital cameras as most other manufacturers. ALso, one of the first to put a LCD on the back of digicams.

Given the 2 choices, of course IXUS 400, which is a 4MP, while the Exilim Z3; a 3MP. And IXUS 400 isn't that small compare to IXUS II.

I am sorry, I would say, a better comparsion would be Z3 vs IXUS II, in term of storage and size.

I have been trying to get opinion and feedback on the Z3 or Z4, but no luck. Just downgrade to IXUS II. Not bad, I would say, for a normal user, and the size is relatively small to be in my pocket or bag.

Just my 2 cents worth.

pixiedust said:

thanks a million!!!

mpenza said:
Casio is actually a pioneer in digital cameras. They have as much (if not more) experience making digital cameras as most other manufacturers. ALso, one of the first to put a LCD on the back of digicams.

datz an eye opener.. paiseh arr...

sk_online said:
World's Biggest Camera brand vs .... a watch maker?

think about it..

imo, the only good thing izzat it's very stylish and small.. performance/quality-wise, pls go dpreview and see for yourself ..

my aunt has an IXUS 400, must say the build quality is as solid as the prosumer cam i have.. good quality too and operation is easy as pie..

Actually, CASIO (Kashio) is more famous for making electric calculators. It was a direct competitor of Sanyo for many years until Sanyo came up with the first compact LCD calculator.

ooh... so it would be safe to say that 3.2MP shud be enuff for my uses ya? or shud i aim for 4MP? well.. i've seen pretty good reviews for both DCs lar.. so that kinda puts mi in a dilemma.. hahaha.. :sweat:

okie... here's my reasons why i chose each camera (eh.. lemme put the MP part aside.. )

casio exilim: lower price and smaller size (thickness)

canon digital ixus: seems more ppl use this camera and its brought up more often than the casio one

well of cuz i will go down to the shop to test out both cameras la...
but since i'm a noob to this whole DC thingy.. thot i betta ask the experts bout it :sweatsm:

thankew thankew! :p

MP just determines the output size. 3MP is more than sufficient. It's good for even 8R or larger prints.

thankew guys!!!! :p
at least now i knoe i should get the 3.2MP camera since its more than sufficient for my uses (cheaper too!) hehe... one of these days i will go down and test the Z3 and ixusII... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.