S30/S40 Versus G2 Poll

S30/S40 Versus G2 which one would you get

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yakuza

Hi all,

My mind was always set on getting the Canon S30, but recently I come to know of a friend who owns one and says that the battery life is quite lousy, especially if you are playing around with the LCDs, like taking pics with the LCD on and also showing the pics to friends or reviewing the photos. Bummer....

Therefore I have decided to reconsider the G2 . Please state reasons for choices if possible :)

Thanks!!

Choice : S30/S40
Reason : Compact, easy handling, cheap underwater housing.

if you want a dc that does not need add-on and itself able to take great pic ... S30/40 is good enough ...

all DC suck power while prevewing shots from LCD ...

Yah I agree, DCs do suck power, but I think the S30/S40 has a smaller batt (because of it's size) for the LCD to suck on :) G2's rating is about 5hours I think.

Originally posted by megaweb
if you want a dc that does not need add-on and itself able to take great pic ... S30/40 is good enough ...

all DC suck power while prevewing shots from LCD ...

Originally posted by Yakuza
Yah I agree, DCs do suck power, but I think the S30/S40 has a smaller batt (because of it's size) for the LCD to suck on :) G2's rating is about 5hours I think.

5 hrs? without using the lcd AT ALL maybe ...

agreed here...if you dun use the lcd that much and less flash...then i guess you can conserve the batt energy...juz ilke my digicam...the batt life is sooo bad...but after getting a good charger and batts, it's working fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.