S3 Is

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw, will it be compatible wif e accessories frm e S2 IS?

Wow...Good...finally S3 IS is in black body...:cheergal:

Thanks for the link...:)

yanyewkay said:
same accessories isn't that good? upgraders from S2 to S3 can use the same accessories again
bad in a way.. make me more tempted to jump ship. coz if cannot use, den i doubt i'll change coz of e accessories.. but well, e changes are nt dat drastic neways. so muz consider whether it's worthwhile to part wif my money for smth almost similar..

felixcat8888 said:
Still no external hotshoe. Should have waited for this instead of buying the S2 IS. But I don't regret. hehehe....
yahz.. *sigh. if only dere's external hotshoe.. same here. dun really regret.. but real tempted to jump ship. e most appealin factor is e coloration..

felixcat8888 said:
Still no external hotshoe. Should have waited for this instead of buying the S2 IS. But I don't regret. hehehe....
Shld have waited? Happy waiting then. :D

PMA's an annual show. :bsmilie: Its like just 1yr turnover for the S-IS series?

But overall the S3 IS does not have much imporvment in terms of spec.
5MP-> 6MP
ISO upgraded to 800
Wide screen mode (is it useful?)

other than that doesn't seem to have much changes...may be S4 with 8MP+15x is more attractive. Hopefully it comes with a hotshoe also ^ ^

Black colour is nice, wonder why they left out the hotshoe for the 3rd time?

Perhaps it isn't really meant to have a hotshoe in the first place in order not to cannibalize sales of the G series or the Pro1? :dunno:

jsbn said:
Perhaps it isn't really meant to have a hotshoe in the first place in order not to cannibalize sales of the G series or the Pro1? :dunno:
i tot they are goin to use e S-IS series to replace e G-series?

slmka said:
But overall the S3 IS does not have much imporvment in terms of spec.
5MP-> 6MP
ISO upgraded to 800
Wide screen mode (is it useful?)

other than that doesn't seem to have much changes...may be S4 with 8MP+15x is more attractive. Hopefully it comes with a hotshoe also ^ ^
hahaz.. S3 IS not out yet and u're tinkin of e S4 already? but quite cool man.. if it has wat u stated. and hopefully can use all e accessories frm e S2 IS too..

felixcat8888 said:

that is what the canon marketing is soooooooooostrong.everyone would have buy the s3 if it had hotshoe and the powershot G series will be the end.canon are clever in the sense......but to us.......:cry:

Well, they are a business entity and the primary purpose of a business entity is not just about serving the public with goods but also generating profits & revenue to ensure smooth business operations.

There are always techno-wannabes, enthusiasts, hobbyists, working professional photographers. I believe the purpose of seperating the S-IS, G-series are geared towards different market segments since personally, I don't recall a super 10x zoom lens with excellent photo quality frm 1x all the way to 10x.

The G-series, I believe are more for a niche market whose next camera would be a DSLR. Kind of like a step-board onto (D)SLRs. Since I guess 'The Power of 3x Zoom' is not to be sniffed at. The best lenses after all, rarely goes above 4x. Lenses like the 17-40L, 28-70L, 70-200L, etc. Rarely go beyond the 4x factor.

The S-IS series, I believe are for ppl who are looking for an above average camera beyond the ixus series with more advanced features & additional focal length but not willing to spend like $400 for a 480EX speedlite?

Pro1... Well, I personally not sure where exactly does this weird baby stand. But den I'd like to see the Pro1 more of a convienent alternative to a (D)SLR minus the bulk but with the quality.

Of cos, the intent is good, a 'in-between stepboard' for every level up. More profits for Canon. More choices for the average consumers, but for above average consumers who knows what they want and wish for certain stuff... well it'd prolly mean a disappointment for them.

Errm... G series & Pro series have been discontinued :(

PMA 2006: Conspicuous by its absence amongst the tens of new products that Canon have announced today is a G-Series camera. At a press conference this morning, Canon UK representatives confirmed our worst fears by stating that there will be no more G-Series Canon cameras, which makes the Canon Powershot G6 (pictured) the last of its kind. The S-series cameras and the falling prices of Canon’s DSLRs have effectively replaced what has been a venerable, popular and best-selling series of cameras.

The PowerShot Pro1 and G6 will be officially discontinued next week. They will not be replaced at PMA.

Other cameras getting the ax include the SD400/SD500 and the A510/A520. No comment about possible replacements for those.
- Jeff Keller

Ahhh.... no more confusion I guess?

Let's see...

Ixus Series --> S-IS series --> EOS series

No more confusion where would the G series & Pro1 would fit in! Oh well, lets hope prices of G series, Pro1 drop... drop.... drop....

Status
Not open for further replies.