S2pro Vs D70s

Status
Not open for further replies.

undercoverone

Jul 9, 2007
which is better..i would like the pictures to be near 35mm
new to digi, so hope you guys have any of this could help..

thanks

I have a fren using S2 Pro and I am currently using D70s.

I would recommend S2 Pro for its colours. It is extremely accurate when it comes to capturing the correct color balance.

D70s is better for general purpose usage and body is lighter yet rugged to withstand knocks and drops.

Both are old models but S2 pro is a bit more outdated. Both have sensors of 1.5x crop factor. Both take F-mount lenses.

I dun quite catch wat u meant when u wan pictures near 35mm though. Care to share what this means?

my vote goes to the S2 Pro. specs wise, they aren't very different. but the S2 Pro churns out awesome brilliant colours. some will even tell you the S2 Pro provides even more vibrant colours compared to the S3 Pro and S5 Pro. i've never compared the pics from S2 Pro, S3 Pro and S5 Pro side by side so i dun have any stand on that statement. :)

which is better..i would like the pictures to be near 35mm
new to digi, so hope you guys have any of this could help..

thanks

If you want film quality images, why not use a film camera?

Take note that I'm not taking about the image quality, but the film effects that digital hasn't been able to reproduce yet.

Samuel

I have a fren using S2 Pro and I am currently using D70s.

I would recommend S2 Pro for its colours. It is extremely accurate when it comes to capturing the correct color balance.

D70s is better for general purpose usage and body is lighter yet rugged to withstand knocks and drops.

Both are old models but S2 pro is a bit more outdated. Both have sensors of 1.5x crop factor. Both take F-mount lenses.

I dun quite catch wat u meant when u wan pictures near 35mm though. Care to share what this means?

near 35mm means raw??

If you want film quality images, why not use a film camera?

Take note that I'm not taking about the image quality, but the film effects that digital hasn't been able to reproduce yet.

Samuel

quality close to 35mm ...

S2 Pro churns out awesome brilliant colours. some will even tell you the S2 Pro provides even more vibrant colours compared to the S3 Pro and S5 Pro.

Agreed. My fren still considering the switch to S5 pro as he loves the colors of S2 pro too much to give it up. I have seen the colors myself and I have to agree the colors are real spot on...

If u r looking for quality close to that of film format, I think there is really no way digital can replace analog film. The DR of S2 pro and D70s cannot meet what u r looking for.

Agreed. My fren still considering the switch to S5 pro as he loves the colors of S2 pro too much to give it up. I have seen the colors myself and I have to agree the colors are real spot on...

If u r looking for quality close to that of film format, I think there is really no way digital can replace analog film. The DR of S2 pro and D70s cannot meet what u r looking for.

I have used all the Fuji DSLRs available to-date. I must agree that among all the Fuji DSLRs, the S2 Pro has the best color and best white-balance. The color is ever so vibrant and natural. The D70s cannot fight lah!:cool:

assuming only s2 pro and d70s, answer is definitely s2 pro. this is just my opinion.

of course, some ppl can tell u they can tune this and that using a computer, but that's another thing already.

but like what the others said, what can be closer to film than film?

I would normally choose the S2, though the D70s would be a little fster in operation. The S2 color just seem smoother and brilliant. But then you need to accept slow everything when using the S2. It also works very well with my SB25 :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.