Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisuke

Dec 14, 2005
hi

can anyone advice me on this
S2IS & FZ5, which one shall i buy?
what i know, these to camera is about the same
any one using these camera, pls give advice?
like, which one is better
image wise,
which camera, can take better pic
over all, control
nite shot, pic taken etc
coz i be getting a camera soon

thanks

Daisuke said:
hi

can anyone advice me on this
S2IS & FZ5, which one shall i buy?
what i know, these to camera is about the same
any one using these camera, pls give advice?
like, which one is better
image wise,
which camera, can take better pic
over all, control
nite shot, pic taken etc
coz i be getting a camera soon

thanks

All cameras should work the same for night shot. However, if you are taking in Slow Sync mode, you will need a tripod. Noise level is quite high for Canon S2 if you set to higher ISO but I do not know how the FZ5 fares. Other than that, I find S2 a capable camera and take extremely high quality videos!

Lmodel said:
All cameras should work the same for night shot. However, if you are taking in Slow Sync mode, you will need a tripod. Noise level is quite high for Canon S2 if you set to higher ISO but I do not know how the FZ5 fares. Other than that, I find S2 a capable camera and take extremely high quality videos!

Thanks for the reply
Beside The high quality videos
can S2 IS also can take high quality picture?

i have test drive both camera
seen like Fz5 can take a better night pic and with better (looking the lcd display)
any other input on these camera anyone?

Why not have a try of the Fujifilm S9500. MS colour has stoock and it goes for $999. Good camera

Daisuke said:
Thanks for the reply
Beside The high quality videos
can S2 IS also can take high quality picture?

i have test drive both camera
seen like Fz5 can take a better night pic and with better (looking the lcd display)
any other input on these camera anyone?

Actually if you are mainly going for high quality photos, I'd suggest that you go for the D50 or 300D which should meet your budget.

Cheers

yes, i kind of looking for high quality photos...
but my buget limited to S2 IS, which cap at $850
and, i new to digi camera
so, there are the camera i looking at

or there are any camra that about the same as Fz5 or S2IS(digi cam)
any user of S2 Is & Fz5, do give some revirew on these camera

Thnaks
for the reply

i have check on these site b4
and yet can find out anyother diif on these camera

for image wise, seen like Fz5 is better
for S2 IS, is good for video, what else it is gd on?

i also find this review, saying S2 IS can take gd pic
http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?p=76213

:sweat:

Can a Fuji s5500 come into the equation?

i have seen some FZ5 photos over at the pana forum but i find that the S2 users here are rather quite (seldom see photos posted) is it because of their more expensive dslr counterparts?

FZ5 in low light conditions iso 80 have more noise than canon S2,can't be help pana cameras tend to have more noise.
S2 is certainly a more well-rounded camera but the users in dpreview complained of its soft focus when its lens is way good enough to do 0cm macro photography something that FZ5 can only manage at 5cm.
the power up/shut down time is faster in S2.
lens movement in S2 is more quiet.
but canon sales package sucks one and S2 doesn't come with lens hood,no lens adapter only provide normal battery,lens cap,neck strap and maybe a free 256mb card or 512.

There would always be supporters for both brands. Its best if possible if u could get ur hands to test both n see which one u like. Of coz it means either u can borrow from ppl u know who have/test ard at shops. i have a S1 thou, n have to say its not bad althou an old model in camera age. Pana seems always to produce vibrant images for its consumer models(at lest from the pics i seen so far).

There is some discussion on S2 vs FZ5 in the pana section. You might want to check out the Canon camp for any past discussions.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=165672&page=3

Apart from differences mentioned in specs, like price, max and min shutter speed, hotshoe, stereo video recording. S2 is able to zoom in/out while taking video. Not sure if the cam can re-focus, as I got my FZ5 before S2 was out in the market. So far the FZ5 served me well! :thumbsup:

ya,
i have check these site & forum
and today, i even went to do camera test at one of the courts

still cant tell the diff
from what i see

From The Fz5 Lcd preview
the image seen better the S2 IS....

Image forces wish.... S2 IS seen better
Not to say the IS
IS is better then the Fz5,
that is how i feel

any bro got any info on there
or any bro there can upload some pic here taken on Fz5 or S2 IS
:bsmilie:

bro, there are thousands of pics taken on the internet by both cameras. go look for them.

Canon S2, ISO 50, f/3.2, 1/50 sec.
43449858-L.jpg

Canon S2, ISO 50, f/4.0, 1/40 sec., Hoya Pro 1 polarizer
44203933-L.jpg

Canon S2, ISO 50, f/3.2, 1/50 sec
44358156-L.jpg

This is a pic taken from one of a forum
Pic is taken from S2 IS
over all, i like the pic taken

Just to provide you some sample photos taken with S2

TukTuk
tuktuk.jpg

Street Peddlar
Peddler.jpg

Street Sewing
Sewing.jpg

Street Hawker
Cook.jpg

Daisuke said:
ya,
i have check these site & forum
and today, i even went to do camera test at one of the courts

still cant tell the diff
from what i see

From The Fz5 Lcd preview
the image seen better the S2 IS....

Image forces wish.... S2 IS seen better
Not to say the IS
IS is better then the Fz5,
that is how i feel

any bro got any info on there
or any bro there can upload some pic here taken on Fz5 or S2 IS
:bsmilie:

Check http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/compare.php for a comparison of both your choices.

FZ-5 LCD Pixel = 130,000 pixels
S2 IS LCD Pixel = 115,000 pixels

So of course you see the FZ-5 is sharper as there are 15 k more pixels.

Other cameras similar to S2 IS or FZ5 got to be Sony's DSC H1. You can go to the Sony side of this forum to read more about H1 users with photos taken with the H1. Or go and read the dpreview with comparison to S2 IS here. Or go straight to the H1 whitepaper to learn how and what the camera could do in the 14 chapters guide to the DSC H1

Selected quotes from dpreview of the H1:
There are few cameras I can wholeheartedly recommend to both novice 'snappers' and experienced photographers, but the H1 is that rarest of beasts; a 'compact' camera with handling and control close to a DSLR, yet one that - even in inexperienced hands - can be left in 'idiot-proof' mode and trusted to produce the goods time and time again. And, like the S2 IS, it's capable of high resolution movies.

The Canon S2 IS (which is the most obvious direct competitor) has a smaller screen, but one that offers swing 'n' tilt versatility, has a better movie mode (in quality terms), but one that needs a lot of card space and restricts clips to around 7 minutes. The S2 IS is also slightly better at shooting moving subjects at the long end of the zoom (despite the H1 having faster focusing overall). On the other hand I prefer the output of the H1 - even at the default settings, and handling / control are much better on the Sony. As our comparison tests show, there is very little to choose between the two in terms of resolution, and both cameras produce results that, viewed at 100%, look a little 'soft' (with too much sharpening - especially the Sony).
The Panasonic FZ5 has very slightly better fine detail capture, less 'processed' looking results, suffers less from fringing (of any type), is a lot, lot smaller and has a the biggest, brightest electronic viewfinder of the three. It is also the fastest focusing of the trio (in 'High Speed' AF mode). But the FZ5 has an unimpressive movie mode, slightly fiddly manual exposure control and very destructive noise reduction at ISO 400.

Hope this will help.

i went to cp and john to test both cameras, while helping a friend choose hers.
in the end she choose the fz5 due to form factor and ease of use.
but my preferece is the s2. though i prefer the form of fz5,
i feel that s2 handles itself better, produces better image (warm feel) and produces better video..

Status
Not open for further replies.