S u n s e t s ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Dear all, took these series of sunset photos when I was at Orange County, LA. For your viewing pleasure and of course your C & Cs as well ;)

503133983_7e71dc79f5.jpg

503100080_9253a9c4a7.jpg

503153673_a38ab91a01.jpg

503163201_2b9a90e7af.jpg

I really like picture 3. It would be better if you could break the silence with a fleet of birds...or ships in the foreground. I guess sometimes it depends on luck anyway...Well done! :D

Hi, the photos are very well taken..

But there seems to be something missing in each, if you get what I mean.. It's just sun, sky and sea. While such shots can really work, the sun, sky and sea must be really dramatic enough in order for this to happen. As far as I can see, only this is met in the fourth one, which I really like - the way the waves are moving, the graduation of tones in the sky in the distance.. The interesting clouds.. They work! =)

#1 is quite good too, I just don't like #2 and #3. Nice work though, cheers! =)

I really like picture 3. It would be better if you could break the silence with a fleet of birds...or ships in the foreground. I guess sometimes it depends on luck anyway...Well done! :D

Thanks! Yes agree, a lot depends on luck to where and when things happen!

Hi, the photos are very well taken..

But there seems to be something missing in each, if you get what I mean.. It's just sun, sky and sea. While such shots can really work, the sun, sky and sea must be really dramatic enough in order for this to happen. As far as I can see, only this is met in the fourth one, which I really like - the way the waves are moving, the graduation of tones in the sky in the distance.. The interesting clouds.. They work! =)

#1 is quite good too, I just don't like #2 and #3. Nice work though, cheers! =)

Thanks for the pointers! Too bad there aren't any ships in the pacific ocean then! ;p

Any more constructive comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.