S I L V E R .... at last!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
SINGAPORE, we love Silver!

Finally our table tennis girls won the Silver medal :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

SINGAPORE, we love Silver!

Finally our table tennis girls won the Silver medal :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Well....this is one for the books!!! Way to go. At least at the team level we are kicking it good. Just wish it was a true blue to snatch the final point...hope this will inspire us to get there one day on our own :gbounce:

Last edited:
may not have chance for gold. but silver also jadi lah...

we've not won the silver medal, we've just got into the gold/silver playoff.

Aiming for gold of course. This is the Olympic spirit.

Well done and 3 cheers to the Singapore Women's TT team. Feng TianWei, you're just incredible! :thumbsup:

singapore.gif

The match was really very nerve-breaking!
I think we have got a new hero, Feng Tianwei was really good!

The arrival hall will be jam pack when they returned.
Well done, go for the GOLD:cheergal:

If I am not wrong, the Silver is worth more than S$500,000 for the team! :eek:

we've not won the silver medal, we've just got into the gold/silver playoff.

IMHO, logically speaking, it is impossible to win GOLD from China in the TEAM events .... the most we can achieve is possibly 1 OR 2 (near impossible) wins .... there are just too many world's best in the China Team. But again, you never know .... :bsmilie::sweatsm: maybe the Chinese felt that Singapore has done a lot of good deeds for their country...:sweat: what is 1 gold in their 50+ gold haul?

IMHO, logically speaking, it is impossible to win GOLD from China in the TEAM events .... the most we can achieve is possibly 1 OR 2 (near impossible) wins .... there are just too many world's best in the China Team. But again, you never know .... :bsmilie::sweatsm: maybe the Chinese felt that Singapore has done a lot of good deeds for their country...:sweat: what is 1 gold in their 50+ gold haul?

Lost of national pride....

:sweatsm: maybe the Chinese felt that Singapore has done a lot of good deeds for their country...:sweat: what is 1 gold in their 50+ gold haul?

thatz :nono: the spirit of the Games! :flame:

china is host nation, so they will want to win it badly.
besides if i'm not wrong, china is ranked no 1 in world ranking for table tennis.
silver is better than nothing.

I second that....but i expect an exciting game which should be much much closer than Chn vs HKG.....watch it just now and found it quite boring....:) Even the commentaries was saying that CHN vs SIN should be much more exciting...lol

I second that....but i expect an exciting game which should be much much closer than Chn vs HKG.....watch it just now and found it quite boring....:) Even the commentaries was saying that CHN vs SIN should be much more exciting...lol

You mean the commentator said that the CN vs HK game was boring?

IMHO, logically speaking, it is impossible to win GOLD from China in the TEAM events ....

Zhang Yining isn't human.... she's a.. machine...

It's obvious Lee JW was not on form when she played..... :thumbsd:

But the new hero made it for them!!

Singapore, "chioong, chioong chioong for GOLD"!!!!!

Last edited:
Feng Tianwei did very well indeed, able to hold her composure, unlike Li Jiawei who always seems to lost her cool at critical games..

& gotta agree, the play of Zhang Yining is damn impressive.. have always been thinking that she's close to invincible, until Feng Tianwei beaten her once ealier this year. But I really doubt Tianwei can repeat that feat..

I will consider a success if we can take 1 or 2 games away from China on Sunday. Silver is already a very good achievement nevertheless.. a hard fought victory is always sweet..

:thumbsup:

Oooooo a nice medal! Well done to the ladies table tennis team. Really exciting match, I can't even bear to watch at times. Jiawei is a little too rash at times during her singles match and her smash top spin isn't too accurate. but nevermind, Feng won it for SG. :thumbsup: She is really cool!

Go for gold! When u made it to the finals, means u have a chance. No matter how slim it is, its still a chance! A fighting chance! 1 must fancy his/her chance, if not, no point in being a competitor but then a silver is good enough. :bsmilie:

EXCELLENT JOB!

Status
Not open for further replies.