S$500 budget: Film or Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashrobo

May 21, 2002
Black Hole
This question might have been asked umpteen times but I cant seem to find any thread on this, so sorry for any repetition.. :)

Was comptemplating whether to get a film or digital camera with my budget being S$500 (inclusive of storage media if possible). Main purpose of the camera will be taking shots of friends during outings, etc.. and I'm thinking of taking scenary shots (probably nightshots too)when there's no one ard for me to shoot @. :D

Some of the concerns regarding gettin a film camera will be the need to finish up all the shots b4 developing it, the hassle of getting adequate film for the occassion and not being able to shoot all you wan and not worry 'bout the cost of developing.
As for digital camera, it'll be not gettin something worth for money with a low budget of S$500 and the need to get more batteries.

Is it more feasible to get a film or digital camera for a total newbie like me? Any advice will be appreciated.

// ashrobo

Originally posted by xdivider
or slightly more for A40?
yup.. have realised that A40 seems to be the hot fave now but dunno if i should get this or a film camera if i'm able to fork out >S$500..

// ashrobo

Originally posted by StreetShooter
$500 will get you a nice CP2500.
i've read somewhere that CP2500 can't take night shots right? what kinda night shots are they? those scenery or simply those taken @ night ie even those just taking of pple...

// ashrobo

wanna consider disposable camera:D

Originally posted by sunyee
wanna consider disposable camera:D
errr... errr... i dun think so! unless got unlimited supply of tt.. hehe :p

got trouble choosing between Canon EOS300($700*), Nikon F65($788*) and 2nd hand F90($700).. or shld i settle for Canon EOS66 or even a simple P&S?

i dun mind stretching my budget to $700 but that's the max i guess..

// ashrobo

*prices quoted by CP yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.