<S$300 PnS camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

PodyPody

May 12, 2009
Hi all,

My mum doesn't want to lug my DSLR for her holiday and is thinking of getting a PnS.

Any recommendations for a good PnS that costs <=S$300.

Thanks for the help!

Regards.

Thanks for the recommendations...how's the canon powershot A1100IS?

maybe its just me.. but i always go for canon, fuji, pentax, even casio for PnS camera.. never samsung, sony .. simply because the mainstream camera brands is always developing new technology and lenses from their SLR range and then they bring it over to the PnS range... like image stabilizer from canon... faster lens (F2.8 is common now)...

Hi all,

My mum doesn't want to lug my DSLR for her holiday and is thinking of getting a PnS.

Any recommendations for a good PnS that costs <=S$300.

Thanks for the help!

Regards.
if your mom just wants a camera, cant go wrong with Sony/Nikon/Canon. Even if the performance is sub par, got the branding for the psychological comfort.

Actually.. consider PAnasonic.. their Ai mode is pretty good... very accurate switching btw the scenes.. and the face traccking system is pretty fast and accurate

Thanks for all the replies.

Did look at panasonic as their point and shoots are good. Wanted to top up to get the LX3 for her (i can use too lah) but decided to just save for my next lens. Ha.

Settled for the Canon powershot. ease of use and decent reviews. Also the 5th or 6th canon i've owned so familiarity was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.