yeah but i heard that it is MYR 20.
Personally i think that is a bit too much. :confused:

Let see how the ppl will handle it. :dunno:

There goes the petrol-pumpers, massage-goers, and supper-eaters!! :bigeyes:

ch8 news just said. 20 ringgit:think:

djork said:
just wait till singapore does the same to them! and it's 20SGD! hehehehe

whaha gd idea:thumbsup:

the small business opposite will suffer because of this. only if the people who implemented that thought of those poor small business folks.

If I'm not wrong, SG has already imposed charges to M'sia cars to enter SG. Part of the reason is to deter S'poreans from buying M'sia cars to use in SG at a lower cost.

Actually not good idea, it will only create cost increase to our vegies and products we import from MY. But if levy on private vehicle only guess that don't hurt us much.

../azul123

you should realise that Singapore IS already charging Malaysian cars SGD20 for each working day in Singapore, besides the toll cost...

huggable said:
If I'm not wrong, SG has already imposed charges to M'sia cars to enter SG. Part of the reason is to deter S'poreans from buying M'sia cars to use in SG at a lower cost.

Not this.. already by law any singaporean is not allow to drive any foreign registered vehicle, the penalty is quite harsh i think...

that's an expensive, huge leap from rm2.60... but whatever is the charges occur to enter malaysia... can't blame them neither... we started it first...

Me take bus, me no affected, but methinks both parties very bo liao

hehehe ... I dunno about this ... not affected very much as I seldom go JB ... Guess that for regular trippers, it would be a disincentive for them to go in unless they have lots and lots things to buy so as to offset the RM$20 levy ...

According to the link given by huggable, not only vehicles from Singpapore are imposed on the RM20 levy. Vehicles from Thailand are affected by this rule too. (from May '06 onwards)

If they want to impose a RM20 levy on Sg cars, good luck to them. Imagine the number of Sg going to Johor will drop drastically and their economy will be badly affected. What Johor is today is a result of Singaporean pumping millions into their economy daily thru our spending there. Actually, we are in a no-win situation. If their roads get chocked with traffic, they blame it on us. If the price of things there go up, the ppl there blame it on us pushing it up too. If the business there get worse, they blame it on Singaporeans not patronising them which they attributed to the negative image protrayed by our local press especially those robberies involving Singaporeans. Damn, if we do. Damn, if we don't do.

huggable said:
According to the article, SG cars will have to pay S$20, motorbikes S$4 to enter M'sia starting 1 May. Any Malay bros can verify?

http://www.bharian.com.my/m/BHarian/Sunday/Mukadepan/20060401235625/Article/

After reading the article...Begining the 1st of May. all Singapore cars entering Malaysia will be charge $20ringgit per entry
Well Singapore have made Malaysian cars paid $20SGD($45ringgit)per entry long time ago...i think its cheaper for weekends.
So dnt blame them for imposing $20ringgit charge for entering thier land..
$20ringgit is like $8SGD.. whats the big deal. the malaysian been paying more then US.:cool:

dr34mc4st3r said:
m'sia govt gotta be kidding....think we singaporeans are money trees...:bsmilie:

Singapore govt has been kidding for even longer time. Think Malaysian are money tree. that malaysian register car has been paying SGD20 (used to be SGD30) to enter Singapore long a donkey years.

Status
Not open for further replies.