RX 100 in underwater photography.

airforce1

Aug 18, 2003
This camera is getting popular usage in underwaterphotography. Come share underwater photos and setting for those using this camera. What types of housing you are using? Video mode setting? An experince sharing using this camera. Keep the advice coming.

Possible Housing....

Recsea - Recsea Sony RX100 underwater housing | Bluewater Photo & Video

Nauticam - Nauticam Sony rx-100 underwater housing NA-RX100 | Bluewater Photo & Video

Ikelite - Underwater Housing for Sony Cybershot RX100

All amount in USD... ikelite will the the 'Cheapest' at $400 USD ... but of course, you get what you paid for... :sweat:

For review underwater...

* Sony RX-100 review for underwater photography, including focus speed, wet lenses|Underwater Photography Guide

* QUICK REVIEW: NAUTICAM NA-RX100 HOUSING FOR SONY RX100 CAMERA | Deepshots

Locally... not heard of people using this camera for U/W photography yet... maybe because its still new and rather $$$$ at that... the most commonly used PnS camera locally is Canon's S & G series... Olympus XZ-1... or if you can afford the housing, Panasonic LX-5 (very good result).

Beside these... there are some other camera brand used... but as far as I know, these are the most common. There is also a new trend in which divers upgrade to Mirrorless system like Micro 4/3 (Olympus Pen/OMD) or Sony's NEX... instead of full DSLR due to weight and bulk (trust me... really really hard to travel with full DSLR setup). The only trouble with Mirrorless system is that the number of lenses and housing is still very much limited... making it pretty $$$$.

Hope this helps... ;)

diver-hloc that was great information. Was thinking whether in sg someone has used it. Been google for more info. for the good and bad review. Was curious about it.

Sure... feel free to ask if you have more question...

hello. i'm thinking of using the rx100 for underwater photog. have been g11 for underwater photog for some time and now i'm thinking of switching to something higher end.

has anyone used this set up yet?

i've been looking at a couple of setups.

the patima one looks promising with a YS-D1 strobe. but of course cost is a factor.

the other option is go with the cheaper ikelite housing with YS-D1

Last edited:
been thinking of the rx100/recsea + YS-D1 combo too. my g11/dc34 case has seen enuff action and its time to retire em...like to hear from anyone with this combination.

hello. i'm thinking of using the rx100 for underwater photog. have been g11 for underwater photog for some time and now i'm thinking of switching to something higher end.

has anyone used this set up yet?

i've been looking at a couple of setups.

the patima one looks promising with a YS-D1 strobe. but of course cost is a factor.

the other option is go with the cheaper ikelite housing with YS-D1