Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
Took this on San Juan Island last year. Would like to get comments on any aspects of the photo, especially on the composition.

Thanks!

- Roy

SJ_4866.jpg

Hi rougoh.

Just a thought.....

Maybe if the handle was a matt black or such like as it takes my eyes to it being silver.

Cheers :)

Hi Roy... i think it works... The composition..

I liked the DOF of the pic... absolute spot on.

However, i do find the teapot does not belongs to the house.. thats the feeling i get....dunno why.

composition looks very 'safe.' the blade of grass cutting into the image of the kettle is a distraction. and like nemesis32 says, the kettle doesn't communicate with the background.

a little addition to all that have already been said above.

the handle does not look like it belongs there
and maybe a narrower angle of view would have been better
the left side of the building there is a verticle line and the right side has some lighter coloured bricks, I feel that these can be cropped off via choice of lens.

roygoh said:
Took this on San Juan Island last year. Would like to get comments on any aspects of the photo, especially on the composition.

Thanks!

- Roy

SJ_4866.jpg

Does not work... good try... but it does not work! The kettle is old.. the handle is so new.. what is this supposed to be? Assuming.. you want to show the kettle as a old thrown out from the house to tell a story.. well.. the handles spoils it all... ok assuming that the handle is welded on n cannot be removed....

somehow this picture is missing something... cant place my finger on it... but it is missing something... maybe get back to you when it comes to me... i need inspiration from my weekend binge...

if you wan to take a photo of the rusty teapot.. might work better if the background is a meadow or field instead? shows the desolation... if you want to take a picture of the house.. then lose the teapot...

if you want both... well... one way would be to lose that bright shiny handle... perhaps get down lower to the ground... n maybe... jus maybe... tilt the teapot so that its not as if someone placed it there... its supposed to be thrown out right? maybe i am wrong and the kettle is part of a picnic basket..

another thought... perhaps finding a patch with slightly longer grass to hide some of the foreground of the house would give it a more dynamic effect.

Good lens... :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.