Russian Firmware Hack on 300D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lingfoo

Mar 6, 2004
SG, Currently
Been Google'ing the net for some Tips and Tricks for my 300D one day, and I stumble across the RUSSIAN FIRMWARE HACK on the 300D.

Have anyone tried using the firmware hack before? what differs this hack from the original firmware? Is there a reversable process after this hack had been applied? :D:D:D

I'm very curious because according to the documentation, this hack unlocks most of the 10D's functionality except for those that is limited by the physical hardware of the 300D, but didn't wanna apply it first cos I am not sure of the consequences... anyone wanna share some experience?

lingfoo said:
Been Google'ing the net for some Tips and Tricks for my 300D one day, and I stumble across the RUSSIAN FIRMWARE HACK on the 300D.

Have anyone tried using the firmware hack before? what differs this hack from the original firmware? Is there a reversable process after this hack had been applied? :D:D:D

I'm very curious because according to the documentation, this hack unlocks most of the 10D's functionality except for those that is limited by the physical hardware of the 300D, but didn't wanna apply it first cos I am not sure of the consequences... anyone wanna share some experience?

hmm..i think dat ur warranty would be void if you used the hack...

devilicboy said:
hmm..i think dat ur warranty would be void if you used the hack...

:D:D:D yea, tat's why I was wandering if there is any reversing process?...

it works fine, its reversible *follow instructions*

Read:
http://www.bahneman.com/liem/photos/tricks/digital-rebel-tricks.html

to "reverse" the hack, simply set all Custom functions back to original state *ie: check dpreview if you forget* so that the blinking red eye indicators stops blinking, then install back the original canon firmware
*download from http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigital/E3kr_firmware-e.html

and I sent in my camera to canon after reinstalling the original firmware for repairs. going to collect camera tmr morning.

loupgarou said:
it works fine, its reversible *follow instructions*

Read:
http://www.bahneman.com/liem/photos/tricks/digital-rebel-tricks.html

to "reverse" the hack, simply set all Custom functions back to original state *ie: check dpreview if you forget* so that the blinking red eye indicators stops blinking, then install back the original canon firmware
*download from http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigital/E3kr_firmware-e.html

and I sent in my camera to canon after reinstalling the original firmware for repairs. going to collect camera tmr morning.

wah...can even use a nokia headset button as remote control!

Wai said:
wah...can even use a nokia headset button as remote control!

Nokia headset won't work. But a motorola one will. It only works with those headsets that have 3 sections ( ie, 2 plastic rings ) on the plug. Nokia has 4 sections.

wow, didn't know there was a workaround for the 300D limitations. Certainly makes it a real worthwhile buy.

imaginary_number said:
wow, didn't know there was a workaround for the 300D limitations. Certainly makes it a real worthwhile buy.

Had this coming... in programmer's world, there is bound to be a hacker for everything... hehehe...

Old Nokia Hands free with 3 section works. New handsfree with 4 section doesn't work.

the russian hacker guy coming up with controllable FEC on board *not that I will use it since I don't use the on board flash*

loupgarou said:
the russian hacker guy coming up with controllable FEC on board *not that I will use it since I don't use the on board flash*

Huh... what's a FEC on board? and what you mean onboard? does he have to meddle with the hardward physically...???

any resource/links etc???... just curious... ;p ;p ;p

lingfoo said:
Huh... what's a FEC on board? and what you mean onboard? does he have to meddle with the hardward physically...???

any resource/links etc???... just curious... ;p ;p ;p

Think he's referring to FEC for the built in flash.

loupgarou said:

Hmm, this is new to me. U sure that the Russian's hack will enable the FEC? I have been using the Russian's hack for a while, but couldn't find this feature. Or he already came out with another hack? :dunno:

Kobe said:
Hmm, this is new to me. U sure that the Russian's hack will enable the FEC? I have been using the Russian's hack for a while, but couldn't find this feature. Or he already came out with another hack? :dunno:

oh? you had been using it for a while? any unpleasant experience with it? did the hack affect any normal functionality of the 300D?? :think: :think: :think:

there's a new hack , go read dpreview 300D forum and its been tested by me, again, it works as it should, I tihnk most of you are overly paranoid about applying such mods, but in the pc/games industry *and for that matter warez* people do it as a matter of course.

----------------

Status
Not open for further replies.