Russell Wong-Photographs 1980-2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
His upcoming exhibition at Singapore Arts Museum opens 8 Jan 2005 to 20 Feb 2005. Over 100 prints.

Ahem .. at STPI .. robertson quay art gallery exhibition from 8-29 jan.

He got a Starry Night event ... cost $100 donation upwards ... :sweat: Still undecisive .. :dunno:

Jan 15 ... public lecture on portrait photography ...FREE .... :) Confirmed my place... :bsmilie:

Jan 19 ... Strike A Pose - Portrait workshop ... cost $50 per head .. max 20pple. Pending confirmation ... :)

what is STPI?

Singapore Tyler Print Institute
4 Robertson Quay
Tel : 63363663 call after 10am .. :bsmilie:

KNIGHT ONG said:
Ahem .. at STPI .. robertson quay art gallery exhibition from 8-29 jan.

He got a Starry Night event ... cost $100 donation upwards ... Still undecisive .. :dunno:

Jan 15 ... public lecture on portrait photography ...FREE .... Confirmed my place... :bsmilie:

Jan 19 ... Strike A Pose - Portrait workshop ... cost $50 per head .. max 20pple. Pending confirmation ...

Care to tell more details of these events? I'm interested to know especially the one on jan 15. :bsmilie:

reachme2003 said:
His upcoming exhibition at Singapore Arts Museum opens 8 Jan 2005 to 20 Feb 2005. Over 100 prints.
is there any entrance fee for his exhibition?
thanks~

nightwolf75 said:
dunno whether the entrance fees apply to russell wong's exhibition. but, its $3 for adults to enter arts museum.

check http://www.nhb.gov.sg/SAM/profile/visiting_SAM.htm

Who wanna join me for the Gala opening cost at $100 per head ... :sweatsm:

*** copy and paste for your easy reading ***
Russel Wong : Photographs (1980 - 2005)

8 January – 20 February 2005

SAM Galleries 5, 6, 7 & 8
Curator: Lindy Poh
Russel Wong, one of Singapore’s leading professional photographers with an international portfolio, presents a broad selection of his works in the solo exhibition at the Singapore Art Museum. From the celebrity portraits he is well-known for, on set or behind the scenes photography for movies such as Oscar-winning Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Autumn in New York, to visual narratives, the exhibition reveals the photographer: his person and practice; an insight into his creative vision and art practice. Curated by Lindy Poh, this retrospective exhibition is the first solo exhibition of its kind for a Singapore-international photographer. The exhibition features works from Wong’s portraits of famous faces, productions and narratives. Through his photographic style and expression, Russel Wong, details his development and his unique perspective of capturing the moment.
Given Russel Wong's international recognition as a photographer, and his collaborations and close working relations with high profile International celebrities including Joan Chen, Michelle Yeoh, Jackie Chan, Zhang Ziyi, Richard Gere, a Gala Opening is planned for 7 January 2005 (By Invitation Only), which is expected to draw some of the famous faces captured in his portraits.

nw75 - check ur email ... :bsmilie:

kekeke ...let me upload the file that was send to me last year (dec 04) .. :bsmilie:

38329377.jpg

thanks, knight, for helping! now i need to go and apply leave on dat day to go for the workshop. i really hope we dun have people taking their own pics AGAIN when mr wong is conducting his workshop. else we have a repeat of last yr's fiasco... :rolleyes:

nightwolf75 said:
thanks, knight, for helping! now i need to go and apply leave on dat day to go for the workshop. i really hope we dun have people taking their own pics AGAIN when mr wong is conducting his workshop. else we have a repeat of last yr's fiasco... :rolleyes:
Apply leave? You working on Sat afternoon? ;)

Virgo said:
Apply leave? You working on Sat afternoon? ;)

i refering to his 19 jan workshop. ;) dat one, unless some major FUBAR happen to me, i definitely wanna go. rare chance to see a master at work! ;p

eh, virgo! still waiting for ur CL shoot!!! :sticktong

r0n9 said:
is there any entrance fee for his exhibition?
thanks~

there is. however, on every fridays betw 7 to 9pm, it is free entry to the museum. i understand on 1st and 2nd day(not sure) of CNY, free too.

nightwolf75 said:
i refering to his 19 jan workshop. ;) dat one, unless some major FUBAR happen to me, i definitely wanna go. rare chance to see a master at work! ;p

eh, virgo! still waiting for ur CL shoot!!! :sticktong

oic. Me cannot leh, got to work. :( Can only go for the 15th afternoon one.

Would like to go the one on 15th Jan. Too bad I got class on sat afternoon. ;(

Hi hi, how to register for the 15 Jan public lecture? Can just walk in or must call up to book seat? thanks! this is sooo cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.