Rushing to Place Jossticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakshow8

Aug 10, 2006
Hi all,

Does anyone know any details about an event during Chinese New Year Eve or Chinese New Year Day where aunties all rush into a temple to be the first to put joss sticks onto an urn.

Can we be situated inside the temple first before they rush in?

Hi all,

Does anyone know any details about an event during Chinese New Year Eve or Chinese New Year Day where aunties all rush into a temple to be the first to put joss sticks onto an urn.

not really all are aunties:confused: , man also go for blessing and 4D luck, some studies....
i do not think u will be allowed in unless u are from the media....

You must be referring to the Kuan Yin Temple in Waterloo Street. I don't think they will allow any private photographer inside. Anyway, it's not a mere rush to place your joss sticks. It is in fact more of a stampede.

Confirm cannot shoot from inside. Unless you really go thru good PR, plus like you from Mediacorp or got a lot of donation to them.. Haha, why?

CAUSE IF I INSIDE, THE HOUR STRUCK, I PUT THE JOSS-STICK IN LE LAH! :bsmilie:

If I was inside, I will also put the joss sticks and make all the aunties sian... LOL!

try Tian Fu Gong @ Telok Ayer Street, they are having something on during cny eve

by the way, is it Chiense New Year day or eve?

eve's 11.59pm

:nono: CNY day itself...to be exact - 18th February 2007 00:00:00
or 1sec after 17th February 2007 23:59:59
must prepare mah, reach site 23.59.00, 58 sec to be battle ready and formations up, 23.59.59~00.00.01 shoot shoot shoot:bsmilie:

Hi all,

waterloo street kuan yin temple doesn't allow photography AFAIK.

toa peh kong at balestier road is ok.

actually chinese new year starts at 11:00pm...cos Hai Shi is from 11pm to 1am

:nono: Not Hai Shi, should be Zi Shi.
子 (2300 to 0100)
丑 (0100 to 0300)
寅 (0300 to 0500)
卯 (0500 to 0700)
辰 (0700 to 0900)
巳 (0900 to 1100)
午 (1100 to 1300)
未 (1300 to 1500)
申 (1500 to 1700)
酉 (1700 to 1900)
戌 (1900 to 2100)
亥 (2100 to 2300)

You must be referring to the Kuan Yin Temple in Waterloo Street. I don't think they will allow any private photographer inside. Anyway, it's not a mere rush to place your joss sticks. It is in fact more of a stampede.

A few other temples are also having this ..
You go around to a few of the neighbourhood temples asking if there is such things in their temple, but can't be sure they allow photography inside their premises..

Don't torture your camera! So dusty!

A few other temples are also having this ..
You go around to a few of the neighbourhood temples asking if there is such things in their temple, but can't be sure they allow photography inside their premises..

even if you are inside i think u gotta be at a corner else if they all rush in, possibility that they could knock into you.

be prepared with your goggles.
especially at waterloo street.
the incense are too much for your eyes to tahan.
later very difficult to shoot

o ya, becare of the ash, some ppl like you leave the flame on the joss stick rather then making it burn smoothly

Status
Not open for further replies.