run


Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Senior Member
Oct 16, 2003
3,717
1
0
43
Singapore
Visit site
#2
I feel that too many of the boys already and they are too small (too far away). A bit underexposed for the boys as well...
 

#3
nemesis32 said:
I feel that too many of the boys already and they are too small (too far away). A bit underexposed for the boys as well...

Hi,

I purposely did an underexposed shot of the boys to just show the silhouttes 'dancing' at the waters...the shot was taken far to show the vastness of the sky. :)
 

Bluestrike

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
4,784
0
0
41
There lor~
bluestrike.clubsnap.org
#5
I feel that the Horizon is slightly slanted. Just feel that it might be better if it level. Cropping a bit on the right of the pic and slightly the sand might work better for mi.
 

Rev

New Member
Aug 15, 2004
905
0
0
#6
There is no motion blur to convey the boys running across... Pic appeals to me but it's more like 'Play at Beach' & Bluestrike is right to get a level shot =)
OR tilt it 5degrees clockwise... diagonal horizons sometimes good =)
 

jhansolo

New Member
Apr 21, 2005
119
0
0
singapore
#7
Shooting at a lower speed would be lovely and at a lower angle with lesser foreground of the dark patch of the beach would have made it perfect.

On the PS side, making the boys a little more darker would increase the effect of the pix.

As it is this pix works and it is almost there
 

varf

New Member
Nov 14, 2003
1,092
4
0
Visit site
#8
the sky and the boys seem to be competing for attention. consider a lengthwise crop? eg:



or even more drastic, remove the sky and just keep the waves + reflections on the sand.

the postures of the three boys on the right convey the impression of movement well; pity about the one on the left as i can't quite figure out what he's doing or which way he's going. the silhouettes and colours work for me.
 

nemesis32

Senior Member
Oct 16, 2003
3,717
1
0
43
Singapore
Visit site
#9
jhansolo said:
Shooting at a lower speed would be lovely and at a lower angle with lesser foreground of the dark patch of the beach would have made it perfect.

On the PS side, making the boys a little more darker would increase the effect of the pix.

As it is this pix works and it is almost there
Agreed, esp since you wanted to make them silhouttes... If i am to crop, i will level the horizon, crop off the sand just a bit.... i like the sky and it portrays freedom...match the theme/mood.
 

#10
good one. love the colors and energy in the frozen moment but how about another alternative perspective?

dun take the sky, just take the reflection off the wet sand with the feet showing... now that's food for thought :D
 

nemesis32

Senior Member
Oct 16, 2003
3,717
1
0
43
Singapore
Visit site
#11
SniperD said:
good one. love the colors and energy in the frozen moment but how about another alternative perspective?

dun take the sky, just take the reflection off the wet sand with the feet showing... now that's food for thought :D
Well.. you can do that, i took a shot of effiel tower reflect in a puddle of water b4! ahaha...

In this case, i won't recommend taking reflection as lighting condition not ideal. If it's sunset and longer shadow and more attractive sand colour (due to sunset) then i may do it.
 

nemesis32

Senior Member
Oct 16, 2003
3,717
1
0
43
Singapore
Visit site
#13
Just as i thought, the shadows and the sand is not attractive enough... too dark and shadow too short...
 

behyx

Senior Member
Jun 15, 2002
2,642
0
0
35
SG
www.danielbeh.com
#14
I like Ron's version!

as for the original version, the dark patch at the bottom is very distracting.. PS it away! :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom