[Rumour] OMD EM10 coming up?

bro, jio jio. When u wana go John place deposit can PM , haha, we go together and 'twist' Samuel into giving a better price.

3's a company haha. maybe EM10 comes dual lens kit with this leh? :bsmilie:

3's a company haha. maybe EM10 comes dual lens kit with this leh? :bsmilie:

bro, jio jio. When u wana go John place deposit can PM , haha, we go together and 'twist' Samuel into giving a better price.

Then set! 29 Jan 14 (Wed) I assume the announcement should be 1pm (most of their announcement happened lunch time) on the night itself we go to john 3:16 together! how? wonglp and keithwee?

Then set! 29 Jan 14 (Wed) I assume the announcement should be 1pm (most of their announcement happened lunch time) on the night itself we go to john 3:16 together! how? wonglp and keithwee?

i onz ! PM u my number :)

No weather sealed....
Clearer differentiation now with em5.

Confirmed! 2 pm Wednesday 29th January 2014 is the em 10 announcement. Cross finger for 25 mm to be cheap. .....

Confirmed! 2 pm Wednesday 29th January 2014 is the em 10 announcement. Cross finger for 25 mm to be cheap. .....

Even got timing some more :) haha, love the details.

No weather sealed....
Clearer differentiation now with em5.
With the price drop of EM5, the EM10's pricing level has to be really competitive.

USD 349 for the 14-42mm f3.5-5.6
USD 399 for the 25mm F1.8
USD 699 for EM10 body only.

Pre Order now.
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Body Only, Black)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...v207020bu000_om_d_e_m10_mirrorless_micro.html

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm f/1.8 Lens
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1026123-REG/olympus_v311060bu000_25mm_f_1_8_m_lens.html

Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 14-42mm Lens
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...v207021bu000_om_d_e_m10_mirrorless_micro.html

Last edited:
http://asia.olympus-imaging.com/products/dslr/em10/

front.jpg

1. Rear dial | 2. Shutter button | 3. Movie button | 4. Fn2 button | 5. Strap eyelet | 6. Front dial | 7. Lens attachment mark
8. Mount | 9. Stereo microphone | 10. Built-in flash | 11. Mode dial | 12. Self-timer lamp/AF illuminator | 13. Lens release button | 14. Lens lock pin

back.jpg

1. Viewfinder | 2. Flash button | 3. Diopter adjustment dial | 4. Monitor (Touch screen) | 5. Eye sensor | 6. Eyecup
7. Hot shoe | 8. Live view button | 9. Fn1 button | 10. Playback button | 11. Speaker | 12. MENU button
13. INFO button | 14. OK button | 15. Arrow pad | 16. ON/OFF lever | 17. Erase button

em10_ft1_01.jpg

The body features quality metallic dials, a tight grip and an easy-to-see viewfinder that lets you hold the camera comfortably. Meticulously planned design made intuitive operation possible. High class looking is achieved by the quality metal body consisting of the meticulously manufactured shiny metal parts and the head part featuring dynamic, sharp highlight lines. This beautiful camera makes you want to carry it around with you wherever you go, and it inspires you to capture beautiful moments.

em10_ft1_02.jpg

Wifi, in built flash, better LCD but less IBIS and weather sealed.
Same shutter speed.
Smaller.
Better processor
Hmm...

Last edited:
mmmm the hump flushed with the hotshoe looks better then the em5/1 ones.

The built in build in flash is a welcome inclusion but the ibis is a big disappointment. Why put in a great sensor but use a not very effective ibis?Might as well get the EP5

The built in build in flash is a welcome inclusion but the ibis is a big disappointment. Why put in a great sensor but use a not very effective ibis?Might as well get the EP5

How is the IBIS not effective? When I teach my friends how to shoot, I tell them that IS is a blessing, if people who shot film had not IBIS yet can still shoot sharp images, I don't see why can't we do it with modern cameras. If anything, the IS is similar to those found in the E-3 and E-5 and the older PENs, they're good enough for me

Yea, I agree with spidey.
In practice I think you'll see little difference between the 5 and 3 axis stabilisation. It could just be marketing or the 3-axis unit could be physically smaller and the body reduction may necessitate using a smaller unit.
So unless the weather sealing and the extra 2-axis of stabilisation is important to you, I think the E-M10 is probably a better buy for most people. And this is coming from an E-M5 owner.
I see they've addressed some handling issues with the Fn1/Playback buttons placement too despite an even smaller body - a nice improvement.

Shame about the battery change. That alone might persuade me against considering it as a back-up body.

Yea, I agree with spidey.
In practice I think you'll see little difference between the 5 and 3 axis stabilisation. It could just be marketing or the 3-axis unit could be physically smaller and the body reduction may necessitate using a smaller unit.
So unless the weather sealing and the extra 2-axis of stabilisation is important to you, I think the E-M10 is probably a better buy for most people. And this is coming from an E-M5 owner.
I see they've addressed some handling issues with the Fn1/Playback buttons placement too despite an even smaller body - a nice improvement.

Shame about the battery change. That alone might persuade me against considering it as a back-up body.

nice summary swifty. that's what we felt as well, E-M10 addresses quite a few quirks of E-M5 (buttons access, optional grip only) with additional features (wifi, better rear screen, newer), It doesn't have an accessory port though. What's unknown at this point is the sensor whether it's non-AA like EM1..

battery is certainly a nuisance as it's different from Em5/Pen 5, it's also slimmer so I think that's why they revert back to the older battery. It's similar though to older Pens batteries, which luckily i have a few to grab and use without charging.

Last edited: