rumour: iPhone 5 coming out in Jan 2011?

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
Hi, i've been hearing a lot of rumour about iPhone 5 coming out very very soon. Partly due to iPhone 4's antenna problem.

Despite that problem, I am going to buy it in September (when my 2 year contract ends). But if iPhone 5 is coming ount in Jan 2011, then I might as well wait it out. hmm...

what you guys think?

enzeru21

Apr 7, 2010
upper thomson
i think they are just rumors and quite rubbish, some of it is just spoof of the iPhone 4...

don't think Apple will so fast announce, it will mean that they are admitting their iphone4 got alot of problems.. they will prob just annouce new OS ba,..

Mar 10, 2007
Unlikely as this will cause a backlash by all those who queued up and bought the iPhone4. What is coming out very soon is a software uprade for the IOS4.

There is also a rumour that Apple has adjusted (or will adjust) the antenna design in the newer batches so that there is less reception problem caused by gripping the sides. I would take this with a pinch of salt.

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
i think they are just rumors and quite rubbish, some of it is just spoof of the iPhone 4...

don't think Apple will so fast announce, it will mean that they are admitting their iphone4 got alot of problems.. they will prob just annouce new OS ba,..
Unlikely as this will cause a backlash by all those who queued up and bought the iPhone4. What is coming out very soon is a software uprade for the IOS4.

There is also a rumour that Apple has adjusted (or will adjust) the antenna design in the newer batches so that there is less reception problem caused by gripping the sides. I would take this with a pinch of salt.
I think the biggest problem right now is the antenna. OS will always get updated from time to time. Another rumour is that they will be changing their free bumpers to a lower quality one (made out of cheaper plastic) to cut cost.

enzeru21

Apr 7, 2010
upper thomson
haven't been hearing my frens complain since they got theirs.. seems singapore not so problematic with e atenna probs..

enzeru21

Apr 7, 2010
upper thomson
maybe maybe, but unlikely la.. iphone4 still very popular...

windows vista was not...

Apple aren't likely to change their hardware plans so quickly, even in the face of danger.

What's likely coming in January is a CDMA version of the iPhone 4 for the other carriers, especially the other two in the U.S.A. I would not also be surprised if there is a third version for T-Mobile U.S.A. since their 3G data access is on different frequencies from AT&T.

dafansu

Nov 6, 2008
Punggol
apple is rather secretive of their phone release. unlikely will have iphone 5 but iphone 4G first since next year the 4G network will be ready

omegacs

Jun 8, 2008
I'll give it a 90% probability of it being true. Apple does not revamp products within such a short period of time.

p.s the antenna issue shouldn't affect mobile users in Singapore as we have numerous base stations (repeaters) for any populated areas

Jan 6, 2006
there is no antennae problem here in singapore, fyi please.
reception is good, even i cover the antennae point with fingers, still good signal. I think currrent batch is improved version..not sure..

L

L1th1um

i think the earliest a new model will come out is middle of 2011 coz apple usually announces the model at the yearly developers conference or sth right

Top Bottom