Rumour: Coolpix 999 with X3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, the first one's good, F100 VF and all!

No, the X3 is unlikely to be used on the new Coolpix because of it's near APS size, which means that any lens will be big and bulky, implying a form factor bigger than the Olympus E series. Who knows... the idea's good though!

I would spend less time on the DPreview forums though! It's a great site, but the forums are a different matter altogether!

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

dpreview is full of rumours, and the people in there are more tech heads than photogs.

Originally posted by Jed
LOL, the first one's good, F100 VF and all!

No, the X3 is unlikely to be used on the new Coolpix because of it's near APS size, which means that any lens will be big and bulky, implying a form factor bigger than the Olympus E series. Who knows... the idea's good though!

I would spend less time on the DPreview forums though! It's a great site, but the forums are a different matter altogether!

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

If anyone makes a X3-based digital back for the F100/F5 without the problems of the now-defunct SiliconFilm eFilm, a multiplier of at most 1.5x, a cost of a consumer digital camera, I will seriously consider it. :)

Regards
cK

the coolpix pro side view looks exactly like the Sony Mavica CD1000 except for the additional dial on the top.. how lame can they get?? :dunno:

but they do provide some laughter.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.