Rumor -20D replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a second hand 10D's price to drop to $500 or below.

It is a very capable cam, you know. And $500 vs $2500 for a 2 generations old cam is not bad. :D

HK people said 50D is 1.6X, 10.7MP, 7FPS with 21 AF point this morning. about 12K HKD.
another is high end full frame one: canon 1DSN, the upgrade version of old 1DS, but lower than current 1DSMK2, but more cheaper.

ALPA12TC said:
HK people said 50D is 1.6X, 10.7MP, 7FPS with 21 AF point this morning. about 12K HKD.
another is high end full frame one: canon 1DSN, the upgrade version of old 1DS, but lower than current 1DSMK2, but more cheaper.

I highly doubt the 7FPS and 21 AF points.

And why they want to take a step back from 1DsM2 when they already 5D covering that area?

Zoomer said:
I want a second hand 10D's price to drop to $500 or below.

It is a very capable cam, you know. And $500 vs $2500 for a 2 generations old cam is not bad. :D
2 generations or 1? it's relative, it's still within 1 generation old for some :p:bsmilie:

10D is a good cam.

wai said:
feel sad for them...so fast got destroyed

hope they wont take another 3-4 years to make another camera to match it

it's normal for them. But from the market share and awareness it's been capturing and creating, i think Nikon would have more budget now to pump into their R&D to shorten the product design cycle. My guess is that the new cam would be out within 2 years. Canon should concentrate more on the entry level to capture the 'switch overs' from P&S.

I'm still eagerly waiting for what the 50D can produce. More importantly at what price.

CYRN said:
I highly doubt the 7FPS and 21 AF points.

And why they want to take a step back from 1DsM2 when they already 5D covering that area?
i wun call it a step back but a step forward.. then they will converge on 2 systems FF and 1.6X

Current 1.3X user would have no problem switching to FF becos all their lens are already FF.
5D is only the first few steps into the FF market. the "1DSN" is just the continual push into the FF range of products.

yanyewkay said:
i wun call it a step back but a step forward.. then they will converge on 2 systems FF and 1.6X

Current 1.3X user would have no problem switching to FF becos all their lens are already FF.
5D is only the first few steps into the FF market. the "1DSN" is just the continual push into the FF range of products.

Cuz 1ds2 is already FF and the "replacement" rumoured to be 22MP FF loh.

Unless it's ment for a FF 1DM2N.... using an "upgrade" version of 1Ds to achieve FF 8fps @ 12MP.

CYRN said:
Hopefully SGD1999.99 :lovegrin:
Doubt that it will be so low lar. But definitely priced less than SGD 3k (street) to compete head-on with D200. The 20D would be discontinued, but 2nd hand sets will be released like a plague onto B & S sub forums. ;p

already see canon EOS 1DSN in the canon plan map.

I think it is the counterpart of fuji new S4Pro (3CCD model, each CCD got 8MP) and PENTAX new FF LXD (kodak FF CCD)in 2006.

userid88670time20060101151739.jpg

380D also...

Whatever it is, it would be worth your while to wait for its release.

Prices of current models will drop noticably, and you can go for the new model if you fancy it.

Savings can be ploughed into buying lenses. ;p

let the speculations live on...

and let the price drop...;)

Zoomer said:
Whatever it is, it would be worth your while to wait for its release.

Prices of current models will drop noticably, and you can go for the new model if you fancy it.

Savings can be ploughed into buying lenses. ;p

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the idea is getting cams cheaper, the better. regardless of what cam they put on the market.

It just means we have more choices and better values. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.