Rum and Raisin Ice Cream

Zichar

Apr 22, 2008
Can anyone recommend a good RnR ice cream please?
Preferably with rum-soaked raisins
No Haagen Daz though, the milky taste far too overpowering for me and the raisins seem kinda ... weak
Don't know why but just felt like having some today... :embrass:
Thanks!

No Haagen Daz though, the milky taste far too overpowering for me and the raisins seem kinda ... weak
Thanks!

I like Udders but their menu changes everyday, not cfm have the one you want but they will have alcoholic ice cream everyday and they rock!! Usually should have rum and raisins and bailey's and bourbon, damn nice!!

http://www.udders.com.sg/our_flavours

Last edited:
r and r is a regular menu item in Udders and the darned raisins are seriously soaked in rum

Thanks!

I like Andersen's..

Hey cool, thanks for the suggestions
Had some Haato just now; not even near satisfying
Saw ... Bak Kwa flavoured ice cream. Wasn't that adventurous though :p
There's Andersen's near my place, guess that's my dessert tonight!
Gonna check out Udders, have never patronised that place before

Daily scoops in chip bee gardens?

I would say Udders too... must eat there.... melts pretty fast

Good call edutilos ... quite satisfied :)

Grumbling Raisin from Once upon a milkshake. They have the same flavours for both milkshakes and ice creams.

Ah, Once upon a milkshake, that's going to be on my list too
Haven't been to Serene Centre for such a loong time; thought it was going to be sold?
There's one at Great World City, might get a chance to do that one of these days

Anyway went to Udders yesterday. Disappointing to me
The alcohol content is way too strong, that's all that assails the mouth
More fluff than creamy, tasted flat
The raisins didn't seem extraordinary, much like the rum had leaked out everywhere!
Maybe different style, but in my books it should have been:
Raisins soaked disgustingly till the point of bursting, into sweetish cream ice cream, where the rum will infuse it with that tinge of alcohol. When you bite into the former, explosion!
Oh well, the Gila Melaka on the other hand though, not too shabby
They had decent business considering their location - a corner in my Village Serangoon Gardens

Ah, Once upon a milkshake, that's going to be on my list too
Haven't been to Serene Centre for such a loong time; thought it was going to be sold?
There's one at Great World City, might get a chance to do that one of these days

Anyway went to Udders yesterday. Disappointing to me
The alcohol content is way too strong, that's all that assails the mouth
More fluff than creamy, tasted flat
The raisins didn't seem extraordinary, much like the rum had leaked out everywhere!
Maybe different style, but in my books it should have been:
Raisins soaked disgustingly till the point of bursting, into sweetish cream ice cream, where the rum will infuse it with that tinge of alcohol. When you bite into the former, explosion!
Oh well, the Gila Melaka on the other hand though, not too shabby
They had decent business considering their location - a corner in my Village Serangoon Gardens

I think without the rum exploding out from the raisins, it defeats the purpose of having rum & raisins?

I've tried all the alcoholic ice cream, really good & strong in flavour maybe that is because I'm a alcoholic........

I think without the rum exploding out from the raisins, it defeats the purpose of having rum & raisins?

I've tried all the alcoholic ice cream, really good & strong in flavour maybe that is because I'm a alcoholic........

Betwwen the R&R and bailey's&bourbon, i still prefer the latter:)

That's what I felt. Like ordinary raisins... :(

I haven touched ice cream since the start of this yr. When i lose sufficient weight i will come back for a small treat

Ryan