Rules of third..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry2308

Aug 30, 2005
Kembangan
Hi guys,

I am still not very sure about the rules of third.

Read some books about it but when i try it hands on,find that i still cant get the right thing.

Can expert out there tell me more about it..

Thanks.:)

My D70s can turn on or off this imaginer "rules of thirds" line....;)

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:

Regards,
Arto.
so can other D70s...;p

from what i know, you divide your frame into 9 boxes by drawing 2 horizontal and 2 vertical lines, and at the intersection of these lines is where your subject should be place..

+evenstar said:
so can other D70s...;p

from what i know, you divide your frame into 9 boxes by drawing 2 horizontal and 2 vertical lines, and at the intersection of these lines is where your subject should be place..
Wah... Others D70s can do that also hah... :cry: :bsmilie: .

It is imaginer line to help you to compose your photo, as evenstar+ already mentioned.

Google the net, and you can find plenty of examples.

It is good to learn rules of thirds, but "break the rules" sometimes can give you more exciting photo.

Regards,
Arto.

D200 also have... :eek: :)

there are other rule out there too...like golden means, golden section, etc... but at the end of the day, remember to enjoy shooting :)

Artosoft said:
Wah... Others D70s can do that also hah... :cry: :bsmilie: .

It is imaginer line to help you to compose your photo, as evenstar+ already mentioned.

Google the net, and you can find plenty of examples.

It is good to learn rules of thirds, but "break the rules" sometimes can give you more exciting photo.

Regards,
Arto.

+evenstar said:
so can other D70s...;p

Those who play sudoku wouldn't have much problems with that.. ;)

Yes... the D50 does lack the feature for the rule of thirds grid lines...

But with some imagination, you can easily visualise the lines yourself right there in your view finder.

Artosoft said:

Regards,
Arto.

Hmm.... actually if you have noticed, the D70 gridlines doesn't actually divides the viewfinder into thirds but rather into quarters. I made the same mistake too until one day i counted the number of lines in the viewfinder... hehe :confused:

frenchbean said:
Hmm.... actually if you have noticed, the D70 gridlines doesn't actually divides the viewfinder into thirds but rather into quarters. I made the same mistake too until one day i counted the number of lines in the viewfinder... hehe :confused:
Yeah... It is rules of fourths :bsmilie: .

As mentioned above, it is imaginer line to help you to compose the photo. Say you want to put horizont on the bottom line (on rules of thirds), "agak-agak" can put horizont on the most bottom line (slightly above it, if you are really really want to follow the rules) of D70s "on-demand grid lines" (that's what Nikon called it).

Regards,
Arto.

Yeah... those r grid lines to help ensure dat ur horizontals n verticals r not slanted...

When referrin to Rule of 3rds, it actually means putting ur pt of focus out of e centre which is usually a third of e frame. Datz y its called Rule of 3rds... :dunno:

To do diz, u need to divide e whole frame into 3rds horizontally n vertically. Itz usually dun by means of imaginary lines...

Tofu_man said:
Yes... the D50 does lack the feature for the rule of thirds grid lines...

But with some imagination, you can easily visualise the lines yourself right there in your view finder.

Dun think there is a cam out there w Rule of 3rds lines built into them...

If u notice, D50s also lack of e button for changin meterin n also DOF preview buttons.

Y other cams hav them n also e grid lines? Coz D50s r meant for pros while e rest of e cams r not. Diz easy access buttons n grid lines r meant to ease amateurs in their shoot n to preview DOF prior to shootin... pros dun need all these coz they noe their stuff at e tip of their fingers... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hazta said:
Y other cams hav them n also e grid lines? Coz D50s r meant for pros while e rest of e cams r not. Diz easy access buttons n grid lines r meant to ease amateurs in their shoot n to preview DOF prior to shootin... pros dun need all these coz they noe their stuff at e tip of their fingers... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yah, yah, I agree! :bsmilie:

Come to think of it, I should sell my D50 pro camera and buy a D200 since I'm a noobie... :think:

superfly said:
Yah, yah, I agree! :bsmilie:

Come to think of it, I should sell my D50 pro camera and buy a D200 since I'm a noobie... :think:

Get the D2X instead ba..:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.