Rugby @ the padang

Status
Not open for further replies.

oeyvind

Feb 25, 2002
www.oeyvind.org
A Singapore Rugby Union NRC league game between Singapore Cricket Club vs Wanderers, at The Padang today...

31733663.jpg

31733664.jpg

31733665.jpg

31733667.jpg

continues...

original.jpg

No prizes for guessing that those massive angmoh's beat those little Asian guys? Look at that fella in the foreground and compare him to the slightly pudgy player behind him ... I'm glad I wasn't on that rugby field!

Great shots as always.

Actually, there are plenty of slightly pudgy players that happen to be very good rugby players. They tend to play in the front row, and every team tends to need two if not three good ones. Rugby front rows need to bulk up within reason, and be fairly short for a low centre of gravity to do the scrummaging work effectively, while the locks are usually six foot plus for lineout work, although increasingly back row forwards also start to get involved with lineout work in the modern game, with plenty of locks and back rowers able to play several positions and with the height to cope.

Wingers tend to be small fast and nippy although the modern game has produced several notable big guys out wide, Lomu being the obvious but Ben Cohen and Lote Tuqiri are others at the top of their profession and big blokes on the wing.

Scrumhalves tend to be tiny again to exploit gaps and to get down to the ball quicker, but aside from that the rest of the back row tends to vary in size. Centres tend to come in various varieties, from the crafters - Olly Barkley and Brian O'Driscoll are both fairly small - to the bruisers - can anyone say Mike Tindall?

Amfibius said:
original.jpg

No prizes for guessing that those massive angmoh's beat those little Asian guys? Look at that fella in the foreground and compare him to the slightly pudgy player behind him ... I'm glad I wasn't on that rugby field!

Great shots as always.

Lol..that slightly pudgy player happens to be from Ngee Ann Poly! Eldon Heng or something....odd..finding a number of people I know in some of the pictures posted in this forum

tt's a illegal tackle if the western guy falls haha...yup...u dun need to be super humogous to play rugby...diff positions hav diff needs ya...

Hi,
You can watch that in www.morrant.com. I have seen rugby equipments online and i have purchased some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.