Rugby Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witness

Mar 18, 2004
www.maverickatwork.com
ya....some carnival....haha....it was more like mass matches amongst sec1/2 boys....but its interesting...

Disclaimer: i am not pro...... open to comments

Pre-Game Warm-ups...

Rugby05.jpg

Rugby04.jpg

Rugby07.jpg

Rugby08.jpg

no offence just sharing my newbie views....

your first few pics (1-4) quite blur leh....was expecting something sharper esp with the bright daylight

pic 5 and 6 was good

for 7....maybe a tighter crop on the big kid might be better?

8...tighter on the ruck might be better (seems a bit overexposed though might be my LCD)

9 is nice (good shot on the scrum, maybe you could have taken it just before the scrumhalf put the ball in)

10 nice

Have you played rugby before? there's quite a few more standard shots that you can take. (or maybe you just never show them here ha...) like the line up, scoring try, tackling to sidelines, the penalty kick, conversion etc which may make the series more vivid? Just my views...

just saw that it was a carnival so maybe no lineup or kicks...

okie....thanks....noticed that mm lens does seem abit soft at the long end...haha..

For the most part the shots are quite soft, no idea if it is due to a soft lens or just plain OOF (out of focus). I think both factors may have to be considered. For action events, you will need continuous auto-focus unless you're pretty handy at twirling the focus ring in manual mode. By the time your camera has achieved focus lock, your subject has moved off.

Try a few passes of unsharp mask to see if that helps things.

Colour wise I think it needs to be a little more contrasty. Are these pictures already processed or straight from the camera (plus adding the borders)?

Status
Not open for further replies.