Rugby 7's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaiisg

Deregistered
Oct 16, 2006
anyone going...
never shot rugby, never seen rugby live before, don't even understand the sport

any pointers from fans out there? for media people, how far away is the action if you are on the field? I've shot american football and i'm assuming this will be similar distance wise, but any pointers?
looking forward to shooting and learning the sport!

I'm trying to get a second media pass. if i do get it i'll offer it to a few bros i've met here first, if none of them wanna go then i'll offer it to another bro here.
no guarentees, but i'll try.

peace

The ball can only be kicked forward, everything else the ball must be passed backwards (diff from american football)
Classic shots will be the Throw in (look out for where to ball goes, can be high or low), scrum- 3 guys from each team to contact head to head to jost for the ball (look out for which team wins the ball and the guy who passes it out aka scrum half, you might get a flying pass shot), look for the biggest guy in the team, tend to get the ball to rush the opponents.

There's many more shots i can tell u ha...word of advice, keep mobile. Dun stay in one place. 7's will be a short game. Also look out for guys running at you!! I once tackled a cameraman before ha...

The ball can only be kicked forward, everything else the ball must be passed backwards (diff from american football)
Classic shots will be the Throw in (look out for where to ball goes, can be high or low), scrum- 3 guys from each team to contact head to head to jost for the ball (look out for which team wins the ball and the guy who passes it out aka scrum half, you might get a flying pass shot), look for the biggest guy in the team, tend to get the ball to rush the opponents.

There's many more shots i can tell u ha...word of advice, keep mobile. Dun stay in one place. 7's will be a short game. Also look out for guys running at you!! I once tackled a cameraman before ha...

wow, yes i new it was different but you pointed out quite a few things to consider. stay mobile, yes i'll try. i was thinking of parking in a corner with a longer lens but i think you made a lot of good points and that plan of parking will have to be changed...thanks bro i really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.